chapter XVIII

The amount of time i have because i do online school is crazy bro. I don't think i'm gonna do recaps unless a lot happened in the previous chapter. If you guys do need them, request them and i'll start doing them again! now to what you're reading about lol. 

"Mom? How the hell did you get this number?"

"Don't worry about that. Baby, You need to come home. Your father-"

"No! You practically threw me out! Now you expect me to forgive you and just come back!?"

"I understand but-"

"No you don't understand! You don't! If you did you would understand why i'm not coming back but you don't! I don't care what you say i'm not doing it! F-fuck him and fuck you too! Don't call this number again!" I hung up the phone and Eddie stared at me.

"Stevey?"

"I'm fine." I stormed back into the room as he called for me as i left.

"Steve!" I laid in the bed and stared at the ceiling. After a few minutes the front door opened and i could hear Henderson leaving. Then i heard it close as footsteps approached the the door. I acted like i was sleeping so we didn't have to talk about it, but Eddie came in and stared at me. He laughed a bit.

"I know you aren't sleeping Harrington." I opened my eyes and sighed.

"What happened?" I hesitated. I didn't want to tell him. I mean, i wanted to. But i couldn't. I didn't want him to think of me any differently.

"You can tell me. I won't judge you." He moved the hair out my face. I stared at him for a moment. The look he gave me looked sympathetic, but it also looked like home.

I dont know how to explain it but i felt like i could trust him with my life. It's probably because i needed to tell someone what's been going on.

I've been wanting a safe space, but i haven't been able to find anyone. I couldn't trust anyone. I couldn't tell anyone either. I didn't want to be seen as just a kid who gets hit. I didn't want to be just this gay guy who everyone at school laughed at. I don't want people to just see me as that. I want people to see me as me and if i tell people.. if i tell people i don't know what's gonna happen.

I don't know what came over me but my mouth started moving on its own and i told him everything. Everything with my parents, everything with my past, and i told him that i was gay. And he listened to the whole thing. He kept eye contact even when i couldn't. He made sure to nod so i knew he was listening. And i just continued to pour my heart out to him. About everything that's happened. I talked about Rowan a lot, he didn't know much about him. I talked about how much i missed my sister. Everything.

He held my hand tightly as i began to tear up. I bit my lip and avoided eye contact with him.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"It's fine."

"No, it's not." I rested my head on his shoulder

"I'm proud of you for coming out to me. Thank you for trusting me."

I nodded and we sat there in silence. It wasn't a horrible one either.

"Wanna get high?" Eddie turned and looked at me.

I shook my head and he laughed.

"I didn't expect anything different." I rolled my eyes at the remark.

"Hey, stop being in your prissy mood. I know that what you're going through is tough, i understand. That doesn't give you a reason to take your anger out on me. Shit i'm giving you a place to live, food and all of it is free to you."

"Yeah i know, sorry."

"It's ok." He smiled at me and i smiled back at him and then i fidgeted with my fingers. We stayed in another comfortable silence for a while and then Eddie spoke up.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked. I nodded. We lie down pretty close to each other. I moved even closer to him. I needed to feel some kind of comfort. He stared at me for a bit as i closed my eyes.

"I know you're going through a lot. I'm sorry."

"Not your fault." I spoke softly.

We sat in silence as the movie played.

"Thank you." I muttered.

"Thank you?"

"Mhm."

"For what?"

"Letting me stay here."

"Stevey you've already thanked me many times. You don't have to."

"I really mean it when i say it. I want you to know that."

"Okay, I know."

"Ok." I fell asleep beside Eddie.

Third Person

Eddie bit his lip. He looked at the wall as he thought to himself. He began to sweat as his heart rate began to speed up.

"Steve, i think i really like you." Eddie looked at him, hoping to get a reaction or an answer, but he was asleep. He stared at him for a bit. He sighed then he laughed softly.

Eddie kissed his forehead and played with his hair.

"Sleep well Stevey, sleep well."

He took a deep breath as he stared at the ceiling.