Chapter VII

Recap: Steve goes to a party and gets really drunk. So drunk that he can't walk home. He stops walking and passes out. Right before he passes out, he sees a woman pick him up and put him in their van. Though, it wasn't a woman. It was Eddie. Now, Steve is at Eddie's house and wants to pay Eddie back for saving him. He just needs to find out how.

After being here a few days, I'm able to walk around the house better. I'm able to do most things. My head still aches, but other than that I'm pretty good. I still have to repay Eddie. I'm thinking of taking him to a concert. I know he likes listening to music. I just need to ask him about bands.

"Hey, Munson." I knocked as I walked into his room. He was cleaning up a little and so he stopped and wasn't very mad.

"Yes?"

"What's your favorite band? If you had to pick."

"Probably Metallica."

"Alright, thanks, Munson."

He looked at me puzzled and then continued working like the conversation never happened.

I got ready and went to go buy the tickets.

I came back to the house with them. Two tickets to the next Metallica concert. I knocked on the door and he opened it to let me into the house. I put the tickets behind my back and walked inside. I sat down on the couch and I told him to come to sit with me. He was confused because we normally didn't interact much, but he listened and sat down.

"So Eddie.. remember earlier when I asked you about bands?"

"Uhm... yeah?"

I grabbed the tickets from behind my back and smiled.

"I bought you two tickets to go to a Metallica concert! It's this weekend."

He was in shock. He stayed in his position for a second with his eyes wide open. I laughed a bit and he smiled at me.

"Thanks, but why are you doing this for me?"

"Because you're being nice to me. Letting me stay here. Hell, if you didn't pick me up off the street... I don't know what would have happened to me. So don't thank me. Thank you." I smiled at him and hugged him. I could tell he didn't like hugs much, but he hugged me back.

We let go of each other after a minute or two and we looked at each other.

"Why did you get me two tickets though?" He asked.

"I got you one and one for a friend if you wanted to invite one." I replied.

"I don't know if you know this, but I don't have friends. I don't even talk to people. Eddie "the freak" Munson remember?" He stopped and smirked at me.

"How about king Steve Harrington~ comes with me? My treat." He laughed. I was a bit embarrassed. 

He knows that I've started to become a "popular kid" at school. I don't want to be, but I am. He is probably going to tease me for it now-

"So, will Mr. Harrington accompany me to this Metallica concert this weekend?" I nodded.

"Sure."

We smiled at each other and then Eddie stood up.

"I'm gonna order pizza, you want some?"

"Yeah, Pineapple please."

"I- okay.. whatever you want." He looked grossed out and ordered pepperoni and pineapple pizzas. One box each.

I looked at the blankets sticking out from the cupboard. I smiled and looked at Eddie.

"Hey Munson, wanna build a fort?"