Chapter XIV

Recap: Steve and Eddie went to go eat dinner at a restaurant and Steve had an encounter with Nancy, but she was talking shit about Eddie and so he got irritated and walked away. They ate and went home. Steve woke up in Eddie's bed and went to go sleep with him on the couch the morning after.

"Stevey?" Eddie whispered shaking him a bit.

"Yes?" He muttered still half asleep.

"Are you comfortable?"

"Mhmm"

"Then i'll let you sleep here i have to get up."

"No."

"Yes." Eddie ran his hand through Steve's hair.

"You're warm." Eddie laughed.

"Either you sleep here or you come with me pick one."

"Sleep."

"Okay goodnight Harrington."

"Mhmm" was the last thing Eddie heard as he fell asleep. Eddie slowly moved Steve off of him then he went and started making breakfast for the both of them.

Steve woke up about an hour later to many different smells. He didn't get up or even open his eyes. He just yelled.

"Eddie!"

"Yes Stevey?" Eddie shouted from the kitchen.
Steve got up and went to him.

"Woah." Eddie smiled.

"You hungry? I made us some food." Steve nodded and grabbed some food. He sat down and Eddie sat across from him at the table.

"Steve. We have to go back to school. I bet your sisters worried sick."

"Yeah i know."

"Alright. We are going tomorrow."

Steve nodded. Eddie and Steve spent the rest of the day talking, smoking, watching movies, eating, and flirting.

They ended the night with a movie in Eddie's room and as the movie came to its climax, steve looked at Eddie.

Eddie looked back at him and they kept eye contact. Staring into each others eyes as they got closer. Their faces came closer and closer together until they were less than two inches apart. Just as they were about to kiss, Steve opened his eyes and instead of Eddie he saw Rowan. He backed away and began laughing nervously.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom."

"Wai-" Eddie got cut off by the door shutting. Steve ran to the bathroom and began to breathe heavily.

"Shit." He muttered as he held onto the counter. He turned the faucet and splashed his face with cold water. He grabbed a towel hanging from the door and patter his face dry.

What is wrong with me? He thought. He stayed in the bathroom for a bit then came out and went back to the room. he sat next to Eddie and he fell asleep, his back turned to Eddie. He didn't talk once to him and didn't even look at him. He just fell asleep. Soon, Eddie joined him. They slept on opposite sides of the bed.

"Goodnight Harrington." Eddie whispered softly. He frowned and fell asleep.