Chapter VIII

This chapter is really weird. If you would like to skip it you can, but it's a "cute" steddie thing.

Recap: Steve bought two tickets to a Metallica concert and Eddie invited Steve. Steve and Eddie built a fort and ate pizza as they watched a scary movie. Steve hated scary movies and got scared. Eddie comforted him until he fell asleep and Steve slept on Eddie's lap. They have recently been getting closer and actually becoming friends. They have to, considering they live together.

I woke up in my bed.

"Eddie..?"

I'm not supposed to be here... I thought.

I stood up and walked down the quiet hallway to where the stairs were. I stepped down each step, looking around as I did. Everything looked the same as it did when I had left. When I got to the final step I looked at my feet. I had socks on. Regular black socks, but I knew they weren't mine. I looked at the rest of my clothes. None of the clothes I was wearing were mine. I brushed it off and went into the living room since that's where my family usually was. I looked at the clock in the living room.

"3:51 PM" It read.

That meant two things.

1. My parents should be here if they didn't leave on another "business trip."

2. My sister isn't at school so she should be here.

I continued looking around and I heard the door opening. I looked to see who was there and it was my parents. They both looked at me and their facial expressions changed quickly as they did. They seemed pissed, well my dad anyway. My mother looked sad, but a bit relieved.

"Steve." My mother muttered.

"You aren't supposed to be in this house. You are not welcome in this house you faggot!" My father yelled and walked up to me. I could feel his warm breath on my face as he talked.

He grabbed me from each side of my arms and squeezed them.

"You have mocked, humiliated, and disappointed our family. We didn't raise you to be this way!"

I couldn't speak because my focus was on all of the things that were going on. His breath on my face, His grip on my shoulders, the slightest bit of spit flying into my face because of how much he was yelling. I closed my eyes and tried not to cry, but I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I wanted to break down right there. It was too overwhelming for me. I began to panic. I wanted to defend myself, I wanted to fight back, but all that would come out of my mouth was...

"I-I-..." and I cried. I started bursting into tears.

"You're a pussy! Be a man! Men don't fucking cry! You're just like your mother." He slapped me. I could feel my breathing unsteadying and soon enough I couldn't breathe. Everything was aching. I felt somewhat how I felt when Rowan beat me up. My throat felt like it was closing and I cried even more. I covered my ears and I couldn't hear anything. I could see that my father was still screaming and hitting me, but I couldn't feel or hear anything at all. I uncovered my ears and still, I couldn't hear anything. It was like everything was moving in slow motion. My mom looked horrified, my dad looked horrifying. I was so confused. I thought my hearing was starting to come back so I covered my ears and closed my eyes tight.

After a moment all I could hear was a familiar voice.

"Steve? Steve!" I could feel my body shaking. I opened my eyes and I wasn't at my house anymore. I sat up and looked at the fort and I started to hyperventilate.

"Hey hey hey.. you're okay. It's just me, Eddie."

I held onto him and tried to catch my breath.

"You're okay." He repeated as he put his hands through my hair.

"Put your hand here. Listen.." He put my hand up to where his heart is and I could feel his heartbeat. I attempted, but I couldn't focus. I could still feel the spit and the warm breath on my face. I could feel the hold my father had on each of my arms.

"Breathe Steve... I'm right here. You're safe."

I tried to breathe in and out every other beat. I could feel his slow heartbeat. It wasn't beating fast like mine was. Slowly, I started to breathe regularly again and I hugged him and wiped my face. He rubbed my back and repeated again.

"You're okay.."

"I'm okay," I reassured the both of us.

I read the clock that was close by on the wall. It was about 5:00 AM. I relaxed in Eddie's arms and put my head on his shoulder.

"Uhm..thanks.."

"Shh... just relax. You don't have to thank me."

I closed my eyes and sighed.

I fell asleep and I woke up a few times in the few hours I slept. I woke up to Eddie asking me what was wrong every time. I knew he was worried, but I felt bad. He didn't have to watch over me like this.

"Eddie... You don't have to watch me. I'm okay, I swear."

"But you aren't okay Steve. You just had a panic attack in my arms. How does that make you okay?"

"Well... I'm better now I swear. I'm gonna go back to sleep. Just... try to get some sleep yourself."

"Right.. whatever you want."

I closed my eyes, but I could still feel eyes on me.

"Eddie, go to sleep," I said with my eyes still closed.

"I am." he sighed and I could feel him moving.

I knew that he was still watching me, but if it makes him feel more comfortable, I don't mind.

I looked at the blanket infront of me. I could see some light shining in, I stared for awhile and then it all went black.

Hello! I know that this one wasn't very great, but it's just a cute little steddie moment. I'm working on chapter 9 now, and it will be posted in a few days. I haven't had things to do that much so I will definitely be writing more often. If you have any ideas for future chapters, I'm always open. You can contact me through Wattpad messages, discord: stevey#7760 or in the comments of this chapter. I love you so much! 💗