chapter 7

"You look so good!" Avery squeals, hugging me. I give her a small smile, looking at her costume that she was wearing. She was dressed up in the sluttiest costume I had ever seen, which was a skin tight dress with cat ears.
"Where's your costume?" She asks. I sigh, taking a seat in her car.
"I don't like dressing up." I tell her, crossing my arms when I sit down.
"Neither do I." She huffs. She pulls into a very large house, and once again, the smell of cigarettes and alcohol lingers the front yard.
I follow her up the stairs to the house, and watch Avery slowly disappear into the crowd of people wearing costumes. I wander into the kitchen, not knowing my way around Katherine Conners mansion of a house. I sit down on a chair, and once again, pull out my phone. I'm not into drinking and getting high and all that shit. I'm not into it at all. But I mean, it does look hot when someone's blowing out puffs of smoke. Someone slips into the chair next to me, and I don't bother to look up. I just smell the strong tobacco coming from the persons mouth.
"You aren't a party type of person." He says, blowing out some smoke.
"Huh?" I say, setting down my phone.
"You don't like party's, so why are you here?" He asks me. I shrug, not knowing the answer myself.
"I-I don't know." I say, truthfully. I don't know why I was constantly going to these things with Avery now, even though I hated them. I guess it's just that I'm dragged to them.
"Do you want a drink?" He asks. I shake my head.
"I don't drink." I say. He smiles through his cigarette, and stands up to throw it outside.
"Neither do I." He says.
"Why do you smoke?"
"It's a nice feeling."
"Nice?"
"Yes. Soothing, pleasant: nice." He says.
"How?"
"I don't know. It just calms me down." He tells me. I nod, even though I don't fully understand what he's saying. Maybe because I've never smoked in my life.
"What's your name?" He asks me.
"I'm Margo." I tell him.
"We'll I'm Jack." He says. Jack, huh? Jack seemed interesting.
"I have an idea." He says, leaning back in his chair and placing his finger on his chin.
"And what's that?" I ask him. I really hoped this "idea" of his wouldn't involve the cops or anything. He looked dangerous, but it was hot.
"We both get wasted." He says plainly. Wasted? The only alcohol that has passed my lips is a sip of my grandmothers wine. I have never tried boos or anything of the sort. It just wasn't my thing.
"Jack I ca-"
"What do you say?" He asks, standing up and grabbing 2 cans of beer. He places one in front of me, and sits back down with his.
"I don't know about this." I tell him, watching him snap open the top of the can.
"Just drink it quick, and you'll feel better." He says, letting the golden liquid drip down his throat. I place the can to my lips and pour it down, cringing at the bad taste, and the feel of the burning liquid. It tasted bad at first, but then had an aftertaste that I craved. I took another, and another sip of the drink, and was already feeling dizzy. Jack passed me 2 more beers, and 2 more for him, and I shakily opened the next one, chugging it down. And I did the same with all the beers Jack had passed me.
"You don't look so good." Someone says, walking over to me. He had blonde hair and these gorgeous brown eyes.
"What the hell did you do to her?" He yells at Jack. Jack smiles and walks outside, leaving me and this blonde stranger.
"Your going to be okay, alright?" He says to me. But I can't understand what happens next. It was too much of a blur.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Come pick her up. I looked through her phone and you were the last person she texted. Yeah, Katherine Conners. Alright. Bye." Someone says. My eyes are shut, and the music is muffled in my ears. Someone touches my hand, and then I feel someone sit next to me.
I start to open my eyes, and realize that I'm laying down on a bed, with blonde boy sitting at the foot of it. My head feels like I got shot in the head, and I feel vomit coming up. I hold it in, not wanting to throw up all over him.
"What happened?" I ask, sitting up from the bed. Blonde boy, who's hair looked more brown now, looked at me and smiled.
"Your awake." He says. I smile a little, and cover my mouth.
"You got wasted, that's what happened." He says, walking out of the room. He comes back in with a trash can, and he places it next to me on the bed.
"I don't even drink though." I say, puking into the bucket.
"Well tonight you did. With Jack Gilinsky." He says, rubbing his thumb over my knuckle. The door busts open, and there stands an out of breath Shawn.
"Margo..." He says, kneeling down beside me. He smiles at me, looking at my pale face.
"Thank you, Matt." Shawn says, nodding at him. So his name was Matt. Matt nods and walks out of the room, leaving me and Shawn in the bedroom.
"Do you..do you uh..want to sleep at my house?" He asks.
"So your mom won't freak out." He says, standing up. I nod, rubbing my head.
"I feel like crap." I tell him, as he picks me up from the bed.
"That's what happens when you get drunk. It's called a hangover." He laughs. I smile a little, closing my eyes. I'm so tired, and I just wanted to sleep this whole thing off. Who knows what I did tonight. I just wanted to erase it before I had time to remember.
He sits me down in the passengers set of his car, and sits himself down in the drivers seat. E reaches Ito the back of the car, and hands me a sweatshirt and water bottle.
"I thought you might be cold. Your also pretty dehydrated, I mean, you did pass out." He says, pulling out of the houses lawn.
We finally arrive at Shawn's house, and he once again picks me up. He Carey's me into the house, then sets me down in the hardwood floor.
"I'll be right back." He says, walking away. I'm left standing in the door way of his house, hoping that no one will see me.
"Uh, hello?" Someone says. I turn my head to the staircase, and see a girl with braids, standing there.
"Hi. I'm Margo." I say, smiling.
"I'm Aaliyah. Why are you here?" She asks.
"I uh-"
"Hi Alliya. Did you meet Margo?" Shawn asks, secretly handing me a pill so Alliya can't see.
"Yes. Are you two dating?" She asks.
"No. Well...it's complicated." Shawn tells her. She nods and rubs her eyes, trailing back up the stairs.
"Take the pill." He says, handing me the water bottle. I pop it in my mouth and swallow it down with water.
I follow Shawn up the stairs, and we sep into his room. I sit on his bed, and watch him grab a tee shirt from his closet. He hands it to me, and turns around.
"Put it on." He says. I take off my shirt and slip on his.
"I'm done." I laugh a bit. I press my fingers to my head and lay down in the bed.
"Still hurts, huh?" He says, rubbing my leg, creating warmth. I nod, and he crawls in bed next to me.
"I'll keep my distance." He tells me.
"I'll keep my distance..." He mumbles, before we fall asleep, inches apart.