chapter 12

"How was your little 'adventure' with Shawn last night?" Avery asks, as we walk into the lunch room.
"How do you know?" I whisper, nudging her shoulder a bit. How could anyone know about this? I mean it wasn't a big deal if they did, but we didn't take any pictures, and Shawn didn't tweet anything.
"There's a picture of you two on one of Shawn's gossip blogs." She giggles, as we step outside to eat our lunch.
"Lemme see." I say, taking the phone. And what Avery was saying, was true. Someone had taken a picture of him and I at the lake.
"Nobody was there when we went." I say. Avery zips open her bag and takes out a salad.
"His fans are crazy." She says.
"But they're super cute. My favorite thing is when they comment 'MOM AND DAD' on every photo of you two." She laughs. I laugh a bit, taking a bight out if my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
"Hey!" Johnson says, sitting across from us. Jack sits next to him, putting his hand up a bit, waving a little.
"Hi." I breathe. Avery rolls her eyes at her brother, taking a sip of her water.
"Why are you sitting here?" She asks him.
"Ruthie has invaded the guys table." Jack says, eating his sandwich. I don't respond, considering the last time I talked to him, he got me drunk.
"Your still mad, aren't you?" He asks.
"Yeah, Jack. I passed out." I say.
"That's the best part about getting drunk!" Jack yells.
"Dude! Chill!" Johnson says, placing a hand on his shoulder and bring jack back to his seat.
"She never drinks." Avery says.
"Yeah, I know. I just wanted her to have fun." Jack shrugs.
"Well, why don't we all get wasted. Tonight." Johnson says, drinking a sprite.
"Who's party?" Avery asks.
"Mitchell Kaskallis." He says.
"Mitchell? He's hot." Avery says. Pretending to faint.
"Eh he's alright." I admit.
"Your just saying that because your dating Shawn." Jack teases.
"Am not!" I say.
"Are too. You love that kid! Especially because he banged you at the lake yesterday." He says, wiggling his eye brow.
"For your information I'm still a virgin." I say confidently.
"And what about you Avery? When did you lose yours?" Johnson teases. She rolls her eyes and smiles.
"It was to Brandon Cory, when we were in 10th grade." She admits. We all laugh and wonder why she would lose her virginty to a dumb fuck boy. I mean, he was pretty good looking. Dimples, bright blue eyes, messy brown hair: he is really gorgeous.
"He's dreamy." Avery awes, and once again pretending to fall off her seat.
"Isn't tenth grade a little young to lose your virginity?"I tease. She rolls her eyes and continues to eat.
"How hot do I look when I smoke?" Jack asks out of no where.
"Eh." I shrug.
"I must've looked pretty good because you were all over me that night."
"Huh?"
"Dot you remember?" He laughs.
"No?"
"We kinda played truth or dare, and you got dared to bring me into a closet with you. And then y-"
"Stop. It's okay. I don't want to know what I did." I say.
"Why would you let her do that? You know she liked Shawn." Johnson says.
"It's okay. It's over." I reassure him. My phone buzzes on the table, and I notice i ht a text from Shawn.
- hey. i need you to come over as soon as you can. I need you right now
I unlock my phone and Re read the text. He needs me? He needs me...
"What did he say?" Avery asks.
"How did you know it was him?"
"Your eyes always go wide when he texts." She laughs.
"He said he needs me as soon as possible." I tell her.
"Ooo your finally going to get banged!" Jack says, rubbing his hands together.
"Be quiet. I gotta go." I tell them. I grab my lunch bag and walk start to walk away from school. I mean, I would drive, but my mom is using the car at the moment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally reach Shawn's house, and it looks so vacant. There are no cars in the driveway, and no light re on in the house. I walk up the porch steps and knock on the door. The door swings open from one tap. I walk inside, closing the door behind me, and taking off my shoes.
"Hello?" I ask, listening to my voice echo through the house.
No answer.
I walk up the stairs, and it looks like no one is home. Alliya's door is wide open, and no one is there. Shawn's parents rooms door is open too, and there's also no one there. I walk up to Shawn's fully shut door, and sigh. I lightly knock before twisting the door knob. Shawn is siting at the end of the bed, his head looking down. The room is very dark: the blinds are closed, no lights are on, and his room is dark blue, which doesn't help.
"Shawn?" I ask. His head lifts up, and he looks up at the wall.
"You okay?" I ask him, walking up to him.
"My Father doesn't think I'm working hard enough. He says I'm a failure. A fucking failure, Margo." He says, his voice cracking a bit. I sit next to him, and he's still staring at the wall. I look at the wall too, sitting in the silence. His head finally rests on my shoulder, and his hand presses on my knee. Water drips onto my tee shirt, and I know it wasn't me crying.
It was Shawn.
"Your not a failure." I tell him.
"Your a hero."
"I'm not a hero. I'm not a hero, Margo. I haven't saved anyone. I haven't fixed anyone's lives. I've made people's lives worse." He says.
"You are the opposite of everything your saying." I reassure him. I think of something to say, trying to change the subject.
"What do you want in your future, Shawn?" I ask him. He sits up again, and stares at me. His cheeks are flushed pink, and his lips are also a light pink.
"I see you."