chapter 23

"I'll get Shawn. You open the door and grab an ice pack from the freezer." I tell her, throwing her the keys to the house. She catches it, then unlocks the door. I open the back door of the car and see Shawn sitting up now, his lip all busted and his head badly scraped.
"Thank you." He mumbles, as I pull him out from the car. He was now standing in the driveway, and his arm was wrapped around my shoulder, holding onto me for support. He was limping with me to the door, and Alliya showed up in the frame.
"I'll set up the couch." She says, and runs back into the house. I help him into the house, and I flick in the lights.
"I got it from here." He groans, releasing from my grip. I watch him limo to the couch, and he takes a seat. Aliya presses an ice pack to his head, as I observe his beaten up face.
"My fathers an asshole." He mumbles.
"Our father." She corrects him, as he winces in pain. I stand up and walk to the kitchen, grabbing some water bottles from the fridge.
"Margo! Margo!" She shouts from the other room. I bolt to the living room, watching Shawn cup his hands under his nose. It was dripping blood. I run to the bathroom and grab a box of tissues, rushing back over to the couch. I sit next to him and fold up the tissues to create some sort of bandage. I watch as the white material turns red, and Shawn just groans in pain.
"Can we spend the night?" He asks, Aliya still pressing the ice pack to his head.
"Of course. Whatever you guys need." I tell him. He kisses my cheek, leaving a blood mark there. I wipe it off with my hand, laughing a bit.
"I'm a mess." He tells me. I look over to Aliya, watching her eye lids start to droop.
"Go upstairs to my room, Aliya. You can wear a pair of my pajamas and you can take my bed for the night. I'll stay here." I tell her, taking the ice pack and re attaching it to his head. She yawns, and trots up the stairs.
"Goodnight." She whispers, and finishes her walk. I look over to the cable box and notice that it's only 9:30. I was already falling asleep.
"Margo?" Shawn says, waking me up.
"Hm? Yeah?"
"Go to bed. I can take care if myself." He says, rubbing my back as I lean my head on his shoulder. I try to fight the urge to fall asleep, but I can't. I fall asleep on Shawn's shoulder.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Margo? Hey, wake up!" I hear someone say. I slowly open my eyes, and see Shawn hovering over me. I notice that I'm now laying down on the couch, and a blanket is laid over me. Shawn sits at the end of the couch and watches me sit up.
"Hey." I say, my morning voice sounding deep and unattractive.
"You okay?" I ask him. He nods and looks over to the cable box.
"It's only 2 am?" I say, rubbing my eyes. He nods and rubs my leg.
"Did you sleep?" I ask him.
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because I was to busy sticking cotton up my nose." He chuckles. I look at his face and admire it. Even with all these flaws on his face, he still looked perfect. Even with the blood dripping down his nose, and leaving a stain in his jeans, he looked like a gorgeous human being. His busted lip made him even more "cool looking", I guess. Like he had just been in a fight at school. His hair was all messy, and his shirt was all stretched and wrinkled. He still looked perfect with all these little scratches. Hell, he still is perfect with all that just happened. I just wanted to tell him "Shawn you are perfect. So perfectly amazingly, so perfectly sweet and lovely. You are perfect".
"Thanks." He chuckles, his lips that were in a straight line curving into a smile. I look away, my cheeks flushed a deep rosy color, realizing that I had just said the words I thought out loud.
"But how did I get so lucky?" He says, causing me to turn back to face him.
"Huh?"
"I mean, look at me. I'm a big asshole just like my father, and I'm at some stupid party just walking around, and I just happen to bump into some girl sitting on a couch with her eyes glued to her phone. And I just walk in kind of drunk from whatever my asshole of a friend gave me, and sit next to her. And she seemed nervous to be around a guy, but I thought that it was just me who was nervous. Because how could such a beautiful girl like you be nervous around a guy like me? And what are the odds that our phones got mixed up? Or maybe it was just an excuse for me to talk to you." He smiles
"What are you ta-"
"You see Margo, while you were busy looking away from me because of your blushing, I was busy switching out phones around, so I could find a way to get to see you after your lovely birthday dinner with your family. So, here we are today. It's about 2 months since I met you, and look where we are. We've almost gotten killed. But you know what? I've loved every second of it." He says.
"You switched the phones?" I ask him. He laughs and shakes his head.
"That's not important anymore." He says, and plants a kiss on my lip.
"You really are perfect, Shawn." I tell him, as he touches my cheek. He shakes his head, and his lips form a straight line.
"No, Margo. Don't you get it? That's all you." He says, and I watch him slowly disappear from my vision.