chapter 24

"Are you ready to go?" Johnson asks me, as Shawn and I walk out of the house. I was carrying a duffle bag on my shoulder, and so was Shawn. Today, we were going on a little adventure to who knows where. We just wanted to forget Avery's death, and move on I guess. I mean, we didn't want to erase her from our memories, but we just wanted to relieve all the stress. Shawn and I also wanted to forget about his dad. Aliya is being watched by my mother today, since her mom is working. Usually, her dad would watch her, but he was put into jail last week. They have been staying at my house for a while, but there mom comes to visit them everyday.
"I'll carry it, Margo." He says, grabbing the bag off my shoulder. I smile, and watch him put it in the back of his jeep.
"You guys are cute." Jack gushes, leaning against the car with his arms crossed over his chest. I laugh a little, and hop into the car. A girl sat in the front seat of the jacks car, and she was tapping her nails on the side of her window. She had these gorgeous hazel eyes, and long brown hair. She had a perfect body, that I was definitely jealous of. She turns her head around and smiles at me.
"Hi! I'm Madison. You must be......Margo, right? Jacks told me about all his friends." She tells me.
"That's me! You must be his girlfriend. I'm dating Shawn." I say, watching Johnson talk to a girl in front of my house.
"That's Johnson's girlfriend, Diana. She's a real fire cracker, just like him. She's super sweet." Madison smiles, turning her head and watching them hug. Her hair was put into two French braids, and she was wearing a huge sweater and jeans. Her feet were wearing boots, and she had on minimal makeup. I see her walking towards the car, and she opens up the heavy door. She sits down and sighs loudly.
"I'm homesick." She states, slumping back in her seat.
"Where are you from?" I ask her. Madison turns her body so she's facing us.
"Toronto."
"Aw. Well you'll be fine. I'm Margo." I tell her. She looks up at me, and I look at he glassy brown eyes.
"I'm Madison."
"Well, I'm Diana. Nice to meet you guys." She smiles. Diana was very nice, just like her boyfriend. The boys hop into the car, sitting in the back seats, while Diana and I sat in the middle row. Jack drove the car with Madison at his side, and she was sleeping at the moment. I was writing in my diary, just jotting down what had happened today. There were endless pages in here dedicated to Shawn, and I just ramble on and on about how much I love him. It's pretty cheesy, but it makes up for me being embarrassed to tell him. Diana was playing games on her phone, and would constantly look behind her to check on Johnson. He would kiss her, and she would go back to her game. Johnson had whispered to me that she had anxiety about losing someone without saying goodbye, because she had lost her mother when she was younger. I thought it was touching. Shawn was asleep for most of the ride, but would occasionally wakeup when jack ram over a bump. He would look over me, and kiss my head, checking to see if I was okay. I always was.
"You guys are cute." Madison says, looking back at us. I smile and look up at Shawn who was blushing like crazy. She turns back around and puts her headphones back on, looking out the window.
"Where are we?" She asks, rubbing her eyes. I looked out my window and realized that we were driving up a mountain, on this little paved road.
"Ah, see that's the thing, Mads. We don't know where we are going." He tells her.
"You're an idiot!" She yells, hitting his arm. He swats her away and continues driving
"Okay, okay!" He laughs. Madison smiles down at her sneakers.
"Dude, there's no way there will be a hotel or something up here." Johnson says.
"Don't worry, we'll find something." Jack says. We finally find a corner to turn, and we actually see people walking down a sidewalk. Jack slows down to one of the men walking, and rolls down the window.
"Excuse me, do you know if there's somewhere we could crash for a night or two around here?" He asks. The man leans on the car and looks around inside our vehicle.
"Down the street, a bed and breakfast." He says.
"Thank you." Jack says. The man nods, and looks at me.
"You." He says, pointing to me.
"M-me?" I stutter. He slowly nods.
"You put Robert in jail, didn't you?" He says sternly.
"Drive." I say to Jack, as he quickly rolls up the window and steps on the gas pedal.
"We shouldn't be here. It's not safe for Margo." Shawn says, rubbing my shoulders.
"I'll be fine. It's just one man." I tell him. He nods, and Jack wanders around the small town, looking for the bed and breakfast.
"Ah, here we go. Maddy's bed and breakfast. Oh look Mads. They named it after you!" Jack says, smiling to Madison. She rolls her eyes and smiles. Madison, Diana, and I wander around the little lodge, looking at how old everything was. The whole place was wooden, and that's all. Wood. The whole place was just a big thing of wood.
"It's cute.." Diana says, kicking some rocks. Madison goes up to the door and looks through the glass.
"Let's check in." She says, as we follow her into the place. We walk in and admire how cozy everything looked. A fireplace against the wall, a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. It was quite the little lodge.
"Hello! Welcome to Maddy's bed and breakfast! What can I do for you, girls?" An old lady at the front desk asks us. She was wearing a plaid dress and hiking boots.
"We just need three rooms for a couple days." I tell her. She nods, and flips through a dusty old record book. It looked like no one had checked in in years. She scribbles something down, then closes the book. She turns around and grabs three room keys off of the wall, and then lays them on the desk.
"Here you are." She says. I grab the keys and hand them to both Madison and Diana.
"Did you get us a room?" Shawn asks, stumbling into the bed and breakfast. He had both of our bags on both of his shoulders.
"Let me help you." I tell him, grabbing a bag.
"We got three rooms upstairs. Let's go!" Diana says, running up the stairs. We all follow her up the squeaky wooden steps, and find our rooms. I unlock the door and walk in, looking around. I want exaggerating when I said everything was wooden. The walls, floors, desk, headboard, side table. It was weird. There was a quilt layer out on the bed, and the pillows looked like they hadn't been attended to in years. Shawn places the bags on the bed, and then sits down.
"You good?" I ask him, rubbing his back. He nods and looks out the small window. It had these sheer, floral curtains that didn't block the sun. They had a white solid curtain under it, just because it would get so sunny in the room.
"God. I just wish my father wasn't such an asshole." He curses, shaking his head and standing up.
"How's your mother? Is she okay?" I ask him, trying to change the subject.
"My mom has a broken heart." He says.
"She's hasn't been herself since the night that the cops came."
"So what's going to happen to you?" I ask him, as he turns around to face me.
"What do you mean? I'll always be here." He says, sitting down next to me and placing a hand on my thigh.
"You wouldn't move, right?" I ask him. I don't know what I would do if Shawn moved. Probably sob for the rest of my life. Now that Avery's gone, I don't know how I could ever cope with someone else disappearing from my life. That would be brutal.
"Margo?" Shawn asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"You alright?"
"Yeah, yeah. Let's see what the others are doing." I smile, wiping away a couple tears that had fallen down my cheek. I stand up, and Shawn wraps his hand around my wrist.
"You're crying." He mumbles, wiping away left over tears with his thumb.
"Are you alright? Do you want to go back home?"
"I think this is the best thing to do at this point. Just leave town for a bit, ya know?" I say. He nods and kisses my lips. His lips tasted like peppermint, and we're smooth against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, and runs his fingers through my hair. We take a seat on the bed, not breaking the kiss.
"So.......beautiful." He says in between kisses. I try to hide my smile, but I can't help it.

He was making me so happy.

He places a hand on my cheek, and starts kissing along my jaw. He leaves kisses down my neck, and starts to lift up my top.
"You guys in here?" Johnson asks, knocking on the door. We pull away quickly, my cheeks flushed a pink color. Shawn smiles and walks to the door, twisting it open to reveal Johnson and...Cameron?