PART EINS: FLASH FOWARD

"Shell loaded!!" "FUER!!!" "RABBIT TEAM IS NO MORE!!" " MOVE TURRET LEFT! FOCUS ON HIPPO TEAM! WE DON'T WANT THAT EXCUSE FOR ROMMEL TO FLANK US!" "JAWOLE!!"

Edwin quoted his greatest idol in his tanking childhood.

" " Be an example to your men, in your duty and in private life." Erwin Rommel."

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

"Ah man, was ist it?" It was a strange night for Edwin. He has the strangest dream about fighting in a Tankery match. Though he wouldn't object, he knew that the Berlin Highschool for Boys wasn't exactly the best team in the western  hemisphere. There was the New York Sherman School for Boys, the London Academy of the King, the Saint Petersburg School of Zhukov, and the Sydney School of Edward Kenna.

All these were the western schools but the Japanese teams made him laugh.

Although Koromine sought to show the heritage of his country, they were nothing but fakes with a bad mother leading the school.

There was Oorii or Orrie? Edwin never got it right.

Well they were full of a bunch of rag tag tanks. Sure their commander had experience and good spirits in dark times having beat a university team and won the tournament. They still lacked good weaponry.

"Edwin breakfast is ready!" Called Edwin's mom downstairs. She always made the best Strudels.

"Have a good year at school honey and don't forget to call mutter und vater while your away." "Ja mutter. I love you bye!"

And off went Edwin Kurfürst. On to the Berlin Highschool for Boys. Now the school wasn't in Berlin, but merely a giant Aircraft Carrier named after it. The ship was escorted through the Atlantic and the Pacific by multiple ships that were raised from the depths and restored. Like the Bismarck, and Prinz Eugen. The German government paid for the ship to run because it was the only school ship they had.

Three hours later.

"Welcomin mien fruends to the new school year at Berlin Highschool for Boys! I am Hans Eugen not to be confused with our escort outside. I am your student council president. This is Karman Hipper, he's our record keeper."

Karman gave a little wave and returned to standing at attention.

" Here we have Kurtz Lutzow, he's our Tankery Kapitain."

Kurtz did a crisp salute, bringing his hand straight to his hat and slapped back to attention.

Four hours later.

Edwin was the last to get out of the shower after gymnastics class. All the others were busy talking about how the Japanese Tankery teams were now allowing the western schools to compete against them.

Edwin made note of this and started to think about the best course of action. Just then a bigger kid by the name of Ostwind started picking on a smaller boy in the Tankery yard.

" Look at this little dummkopf! Can't keep your books in check?!" Ostwind punched the kid in the stomach causing him to double over. Edwin was never one to get into fights but now was a different occasion.

"Hey leave him alone!" "What was das?" Edwin immediately punched him in the throat causing Ostwind to stagger backwards. "You are going to pay for that!" Ostwind started punching at Edwin, but missed several times. Edwin moved around and kicked Ostwind in the knee. The whole yard heard the shatter of Ostwind's kneecap. " Shießa!!!" "Was ist going on here Herr Edwin?"

It was the student council president and he had arrived in time to see Ostwind get kicked.

"Herr Hans, this boy hit my friend and I defended him." " Hmm. Send Ostwind back to the Vaterland. He cannot continue school. Edwin, I will see you in my office after your final class." "Jawole."

Edwin had a feeling that it was not to congratulate him on his victory. Edwin went back to help the smaller kid up. "Danke." "Are you ok?" "Just a little woozy but I'll be fine. My name is Heinz Guderian. Lots of kids at my old school kept confusing me with the WW2 commander." "That's nice." "Am I really your fruend?" " Was? Ja du are mien fruend."

Heinz looked at Edwin with stars in his eyes. Edwin looked like a brave hero, coming to save Heinz. Heinz's look was concerning Edwin. Edwin was interested in girls not boys, but little did Edwin know it was not a look of falling in love but a look of a faithful soldant that would follow any order he was given.

And done. I've been writing these offline till the internet set up.