Forevermore

Doodle x MK
--
Doodle is owned by doodle_owo on insta.
MK is owned by the LMK Series.
--
Doodle is an isekai and the MK used is the one represented in the LMK Series.
Enjoy!!
--

With the sun high in the sky, beating down on the cheeks of exposed passerby's, a swift wind quickly cooled them off. A gently tanned hero raced his way through the highest peeks of his hometown. Of course, he had somewhere to be and he couldn't be late. MK continued to dash as fast as he possibly could without the boost of his magical staff.

"Oh jeez, oh jeez!" He had merely a few more minutes to arrive on site, but the suit he was wearing had restricted his moveability by quite a bit. The poor monkie kid was fashionably worried of being late for his four year anniversary with his beloved partner. As the out of breath lover made his way to a slow, he felt a gentle droplet touch his cheek. "What- no! Nonono! You've gotta be kidding me!" MK whined.

He was no fan of the rain and its beauties, he would've preferred to be inside and safe from the 'evil death waters'.

With a loud and exaggerated groan, MK continued to run and push through the now pouring city. Mutters and curses could just barely be heard from his aggravated self.

Doodle awaited her partner patiently whilst keeping a close eye on the clock. It had already been a little over half an hour from the allotted time the coupling had reserved at an expensive restaurant. To say the least, they were getting worried. Worried that something might have happened to their sweetheart and worried that said sweetheart might have just stood them up. A hearty sigh escaped her lips as her emotions began to act up. She did her best to hold back reasonable tears and sniffles, but it was to little avail. A couple tears ran down their well made-up face as they let out a small sighing whimper.

With a sharp inhale and a sudden boost of confidence, Doodle stood from his seat and looked out at the pouring rain outside. If their partner was not going to show up, then what was the point. It hurt. It really hurt them a lot to be sitting there, at a table for two with no pairing to complete the look.

Doodle, dusting off her well tailored suit, had decided to take her leave right then and there.

Their footsteps could be heard leaving the warmth of the upbeat restaurant and with ears pressed harshly against her head, Doodle left the building. Thunders roared and lightnings flashed brightly across the darkened sky. She was not even four steps away from the entrance and she was already almost completely soaked. Doodle thought it laughable.

The feline couldn't believe it.

It was their four year anniversary and she had just been stood up, just like that. With no explanation, no excuse, no texts, no calls, no-

"Doodle!"

His voice made her feel sudden butterflies and more emotions than she had wanted to at the moment. Wait - no... She had to be mad, she had to be, she had every right to be. Doodle's small frame shook lightly under the rain as they heard nervous footsteps approach them in fear.

"Doodle, let me explain.. Please - I didn't forget, I didn't stand you up, I-" She cut him off, "What did you do then? Hm? Because I have been waiting there, for what felt like hours, getting stares of pity!" The monkie kid stood silent, letting her finish. "It hurt, MK... You left me alone there.."

MK walked over to her, staying silent the whole way. "Say something, damnit!" The felines' vision was too blurred and teary to see anything properly. But she could feel everything. She felt it all. And in a swift move, MK had suddenly picked her up. "Wh-What are you doing, MK! Put me down!"

Doodle's face was heating up quickly from the warm tears and sudden flush that ran throughout her body. Despite their persistent protests, MK had begun to run off, taking his lover to a location unknown to them. After multiple - unsuccessful - attempts to be put down, Doodle had given up with a frown. This hurt MK a little, but he knew what he was doing and that it had to be perfect. It had to be just right because in his mind, he only had one good chance at this.

The drenched couple had finally arrived at the desired destination. They were at Flower Fruit Mountain.

Doodle had been set down and she looked around herself in awe. "What are we doing here, MK..?" They began to walk further into the open viewed cave side. Upon closer inspection near the cliff side, there was a red and white picnic blanket with food placed down on it, a bottle of juice, and fairy lights which were held by the overhang above. To top it all off, they had the most beautiful view of the city and the bottom half of the Flower Fruit Mountain. It was beautiful. "MK..?"

She gasped as when she turned to confront her partner, she found him down on one knee with a large smile. "Oh, MK..!"

The hero began to speak. "Four years of endless love and adventure with you. I want to spend more. I have been here and you have been by my side ever since you arrived.. So I guess - it's accurate to say that you really are out of this world.. Otherworldly... Every single day being by your side is a blessing and I don't want any more of them without calling you mine..."

He paused, feeling himself tremble from the nerves. But he knew what to do, what to say. "Doodle.. Will you make me the happiest person in every dimension and marry me..?" He held up a small, black box which encased the most beautiful ring the feline had ever seen.

The two sat in silence only for Doodle to break it with a small chuckle, "All of that was for this-" MK sat in confusion and fear of being rejected. "I love you so much, MK, of course I'll marry you!"

He felt his entire world light up and be shaken to the core. With not a second to spare, MK slipped the ring on Doodle's finger and the two shared a tight embrace, tears and love spilling out at all ends. "I'll always be with you, MK..." A bubbly, yet controlled kiss was shared between the newly engaged couple.

"Forevermore..."

Fin