It's More Than Just A Fever Dream

Oliver x Liuer
--
Liuer and Wuji are owned by mandas.arts on insta
Oliver is owned by me (binn.mir on insta)
--
Oliver is an isekai character. Liuer and Wuji are kinsonas of Macaque and Sun Wukong from LMK, respectively.
Enjoy!!
--
TW//Implied Character Death

--

"Whoa! You look exhausted," a voice chuckled out. Liuer stood over the witch, smiling and admiring his love. "What... time is it..?" He questioned. The sun peeked out from behind the gentle clouds, blinding Oliver as he tried to look at the macaque standing near him.

He could hear the moon monkey hum in response, "It's eight in the morning. You slept a long time, I'm glad." The two let the soft silence sit around, Liuer slowly sat beside Oliver's once asleep body. "You let me sleep..? Everything was okay..?" To his relief, Oliver received a nod as an answer.

"Did you dream of anything?"

Did he dream of anything..? Oliver couldn't remember, not of the dream, not of what happened the other day, nothing. Everything was blank. "Yes." Why did he say that..? Liuer looked at the witch with a curious smile. "Do share."

The jackalope's vision grew lazy, blurring in and out. "You were there.." He saw Liuer's smile being lit up by the bright moonlight. His fur was kissed by the soft light as the darkness did its best to engulf him. Oliver saw his lips whisper something that was incoherent to his ears. The sun brought the witch's eyes back to the present moment.

"Me?" Liuer chuckled, his ears flicking towards the jackalope in attentiveness. "What was I doing?" Oliver waited, a glimpse of the moon revealed itself under the clouds. It shouldn't be there... "You held me.."

In a soft transition, the sky had darkened itself and the clouds had shifted slightly. The exhausted jackalope tilted his head to see Liuer laying down beside him and pulling him closer. "You were so warm..." As if on cue, a comforting warmth emitted from his lover. Oliver's face began to flush a little, the fatigue bringing them back to a dream ago. He was brought back to his time when the sound of a beautiful laugh rang within his ears.

Liuer was enjoying this, his smile - oddly enough - never left once. The sun tickled the moon monkey's cheeks as he gently pushed a strand of hair away from Oliver's face. He smiled at his sleepy love, awaiting the next lines.

"You whispered to me.... you whispered.. sweet nothings.." From the chuckle to golden praises, Oliver's eyes fluttered shut. "Don't stop them..." And Liuer didn't. Throughout the entire night, Liuer sat there and lulled the jackalope until both had fallen asleep. He knew that he would never stop, even in the darkest of hours. From Japanese to Korean, Cantonese to Spanish, Liuer would keep going.

With an upcoming wave of nausea, the world began to spin. Once beloved and relatively still celestial constellations began to run laps around the galaxy, each one moving at their own speeds. It would keep going until the sun would peek through the clouds above. Grass tickled his still body. "Don't go.."

"I would never.." "Don't... Please don't go..." Vibrant green eyes slowly dulled as their moments went on. A lonely silence grew around the jackalope, but his mind was still loud. He begged to hear Liuer's voice once more.

Just barely above a whisper, he was faint. "Tell me more, Moonlight."

Oliver grew too weak to speak, but he thought every word and emotion to Liuer. "You kissed me..." A warm, clear liquid mixed with a red one. "I miss your touch.."

A gentle kiss was pressed on the witch's forehead, the butterflies slowly dying, yet doing their best to provide the nostalgic experience. Despite the world being dark, Oliver knew his lover's lips. He knew it was Liuer planting soft kisses all over his chilled face. He knew it was Liuer who kissed his lips as if it were the last time they'd meet.

"I know you loved me..." "I will always love you.."

It was nothing more than a fever dream.

A tidal wave of fear flooded through the moon monkey's body. He stood silently, in utter disbelief at the sight. Just before him lay his lover. An unmoving body of a fading light. Liuer cried out for his partner, "Oliver..?"

He took a few nervous paces forward as he felt his heart sink into a world of darkness. The light in his night had faded beyond repair. His vision blurred from the pooling tears in his eyes. What was he to do..? How could he help? What had happened?

Where was he when his lover needed him most..?

One more moment was all it took for Liuer to break from his trance. He ran to his Moonlight, his tears ran heavy against his tensed cheeks. Liuer held his sweetheart's limp body in his arms, begging for them to come back to him. Begging to see the smile he would wake up to every morning.

He needed his light.

Screams and sobs of agony were the only sounds that broke the silence. Droplets of rain began to welcome themselves to the scene. All was terrible in the eyes of a lover. Eyes of sorrow watched from behind, not daring to speak up. Wuji let Liuer spill out every terrible emotion that dared show its face.

"Please be a dream..! This is just a dream, it's a nightmare..! Please!"

The world was nothing without a light to show the moon. And in this moment, the world respected the tragedy of two lovers and showered them each with a drop of sympathy. For as the rain kissed the lovers, the lovers bid their goodbyes. This was when the universe whispered.

"I love you."

Fin