Home

The waiting was killing Doug, he jumped when a secret service agent entered the livingroom. Her name was Sarah and he'd seen her on several occasions, she was one of Frank's top aids.

"Is there news?" Doug asks. He is dying for news but terrified of what the news might be. "Did they find her? Oh God, is she ok?"

"Sir, please have a seat, they found the Vice President, and she is physically ok."

Relief rushes through Doug. He sits almost falling into the chair, she is found, she is physically ok. Wait, what does that mean? "What do you mean physically ok?"

"Sir, your wife appears to be physically completely unharmed. She was found due to her bracelet signal and it seems as though they got there right on time. Apparently Tom was paid to bring her to the warehouse and await the arrival of whoever is overall behind this attack. She was then going to be handed over to them but we got there first. Unfortunately, Tom started shooting and didn't make it. A team took the Vice President out to safety while another team is taking cover in the warehouse hopefully to surprise and capture the people responsible for all of this."

Doug was half listening, he wanted to know details badly but he was caught on the first part of her sentence. "What do you mean physically unharmed?"

"According to the team that got her out, the Vice President is clearly in shock, she isn't responding to the team members trying to speak with her and she completely freaked out when one of them tried to put a seat belt on her. The medic on scene says it is typical for her to be in shock based on the trauma she was in. We need to give her some time. I wanted to warn you because she may not react as you might hope right away, we need to be patient with her. It might not be the fairytale reunion that you are hoping for, she might not even seem to acknowledge you at first, she is in a fragile state."

Doug nods his understanding. He feels somewhat in shock too, the idea of her not acknowledging him frankly scares the hell out of him, but he is determined give her time and support her no matter what. If she can survive an abduction, he can certainly be patient with her and let her recover.

"The medic says to just let her take the lead, each person will react differently. During her abduction her control was ripped away from her, she needs to regain that sense of control. If she continues to be completely non-responsive, we might need to take her to the hospital for care, but we will give her some time first."

"Where is she now? Are they bringing her home? I need to see her now, I need to see for myself that she is ok. I will do my best not to push her, but I need to see her."

"Of course sir, they are bringing her here hoping that seeing you and being in her home might ease some of her anxiety. They should be here within a few minutes. We will give you some time with her, but there is a doctor who will be visiting to check her out just as a precaution."

Doug lays his head back on the chair and takes a deep breath, he is relieved, scared, and anxious to see her. They wait a few minutes and he sees a convoy pull up, he wants to run out, but Sarah had advised him to stay in the house and let her come to him so that she was in control. He watched as agents gently helped her out of the vehicle. She looked despondent, walking like on auto pilot with the agents. Doug wanted nothing more than to run and hold her but he stopped himself. He needed to do this right and try not to act heart broken if she didn't acknowledge him right away.

He was nervous as she entered the house, "honey, Kamala honey, you are home," Doug tried to say from further inside the room as lovingly and gently as possible.

At his words, her head jolted up like she was hit by lightning. She looked up into his eyes as if she didn't believe he was actually there. She quite literally ran toward him. Seeing her approach, Doug took a quick couple of strides to get to her as quickly as he could. Kamala reached out as though she was being magnetically pulled to him and Doug was more than happy to wrap his arms around her. Kamala curled up into her husband grabbing him and his shirt like she couldn't get close enough. Doug held her tightly, "it's ok baby, you are home now and you're safe. Thank God you are home. I love you so much honey and I am just so glad that you are home safe."

Kamala let his words wash over her and taking solice in his arms, she let herself go. Tears flowed and she was weeping into Doug's shirt, not that either of them cared. "I never thought that I would see you again, Dougie, I love you," she wept. Doug just held her, rubbing her back both of them completely oblivious to anyone else in the room. Doug was happy to hold her for as long as she needed, he needed it too.