Fin

Last chapter, let me know if you enjoyed the story.  I am hoping to continue writing, I have another story idea that just won't leave me alone.

***Warning: some mature content in this one***

Kamala entered the front door of her residence, along with her entourage of secret service agents, she was spent.  After a pretty restless night her day was full of unpleasant duties that she just had to plow through. 

First, she had a call with Joe, the two were still not cleared to meet in person for security reasons, but he offered his unwavering support.  She respected Joe and his experiences, but she was struggling to get through this on a personal level and just needed some time.  She recounted her story  as he had asked, and answered his questions.  In turn, he offered her some time off.  Joe was good like that, he could sense that she had to sort through things in her mind.

Next, Kamala and Doug both met with Frank.  He explained that they had surprised the militia involved in both Doug's shooting and her capture.  As expected, it was a white supremacist faction.  Luckily, some pretty high level militia members were present for what they thought was to retrieve their prize in capturing the "colored" Vice President.  Of them, some were arrested and others killed in the raid.  Frank further explained that as a result of the raid, they were following the money to investigate players involved with deep pockets.  Frank was extremely pleased with the progress that was being made.  He also confirmed that Ben and Tom were identified as the only two inside players and that measures were being taken to prevent any similar reoccurrence.  Doug expressed his sincere gratitude to Frank for getting his wife back to him, "Frank, I personally owe you so much, thanking you just doesn't seem like enough." Kamala reiterated her gratitude and Frank said that he would always do his best to keep her safe. 

Following the meeting with Frank, Kamala and Doug took some time to call their close family and friends, they had all been worried to death for her safety.  Kamala was sincere, but far more quiet and solemn than usual.  Being tired on top of having to rehash everything with everyone was taking its toll.  They all wanted to rush and visit, but Doug held them off for now explaining that she needed some rest and healing.  In truth, Kamala was still somewhat afraid of people being in danger by association.  She hoped that she would in time be able to get over this unrelenting fear she still had.

Doug then made sure to have lunch with his wife, he wanted to make sure she ate something.  Since his shooting, she had been so busy juggling everything and since her abduction had very little appetite.  During lunch, Kamala was quiet, Doug assumed that she was dreading her afternoon with the physician and therapist that he arranged.  At least she got some food into her. 

Doug escorted her, along with her entourage to the hospital for what was explained to the press as a precautionary checkup following her ordeal.  Once the physician had examined Kamala and confirmed her physical health, Doug left her to spend some time with the therapist at the hospital.

Kamala explained all that had happened to her therapist, Dr. Tracy Everts, even though she knew she had likely been briefed in advance.   Kamala was honest with the doctor, she really did want to get past this.  The Vice President explained her fear of endangering others, her nightmares, and even her thoughts of just giving up her position.  Dr. Everts was very comforting to her.  She helped Kamala to understand that everything that she was feeling was completely normal and understandable given her situation.  She gave Kamala some insight and things to try to prevent and deal with her nightmares and panic attacks.  Kamala wanted to at least attempt to get through this without medications and the doctor was open to this provided that Kamala remained honest and forthcoming if her symptoms would worsen.  She recommended that Kamala go home to Los Angeles and spend time with her family and friends for a bit of a break and to get through her fear of endangering others.  In addition, she gave Kamala some small suggestions that might help like sleeping with a night light for some time so that she doesn't wake up in darkness.  They had agreed that Kamala would take a few days in Los Angeles and return to continue their visits.  The doctor also encouraged Kamala to hold off on making any permanent decisions about resigning her position until she had time to process things and speak together some more.  Finally, Dr. Everts encouraged Kamala to share her fears with Doug and to try and be clear about anything that she needed.  Although Kamala was feeling very positive about the session, she was feeling just emotionally drained.