Chapter 1

Aadvika Pov: 

*Engae  enathu kavithai 

Kanavil ezhuthi maditha kavithai*

I was humming to my favorite music and making breakfast while listening to the radio. it made me relax somehow. 

*Engae  enathu kavithai 

Kanavil ezhuthi maditha kavithai*

 I placed all the  dosa inside the hot pack and placed it near the container which held the already prepared sambar. I started cutting tomatoes to make chutney. I started singing in a low voice to avoid grabbing anyone's  attention.

*Vizhiyil karainnthuvithato

Ammama

Vidhiyal azhituvittato.*

Music was the only thing that kept me sane these days. As I finished the chutney quickly . I packed it in another container. Now I just need to make some Idlis and everything would be over. 

I placed my hands in my stomach while singing.

*kavithai thedi thaarungal

Illai en Kanavai meethuh thaarungal.

Engae enathu kavithai Kanavil ezhuthi maditha kavithai 

Engae enathu kavithai Kanavil ezhuthi maditha kavithai *

I felt a kick!!

Yes you heard me right. I felt a kick. It's my child. I'm at the end of 7th semester. 

Ahhh I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Aadvika Vinay . Wife of late Vinay Kumar. 

I busied myself in preparing idlis next. My family consists of my inlaws and their daughter Vichitra Kumar and my father in law's mother Aruna Kumar. And my brother in law Advit Kumar and his wife  Yamuna. Each one had different taste buds. So I'm supposed to cook different items daily.

It was tough but now it's torture since I'm getting tired easily tired due to my  pregnancy. 

"Aadvika !Aadvika !!" I heard my mother in law aka my torturer Leela call me. I switched off the radio and waddled as fast as I could to her room. There my mother in law was sitting and doing morning makeup.  All the money goes for her makeup I guess. Ufff .

My father in law was reading the newspaper by sitting in his wooden easy chair. As I knocked on the door , my mother in law's face turned red due to anger. I don't know for what reason she Is going to scold me now.

"Aadvika, is this how you're parents raised you?"

Here she goes. Dragging my parents for every little things. But the me now lost the confidence to give a comeback years ago. I just put my head down and touched my belly.

"I am sorry athai.(mother in law)". 

"You're sorry is what I'm hearing all these days. No work. Don't think we'll keep you in the house and allow you to laze around. You stupid girl. I don't even know why my son married you. And you killed him with your luck. Atlast we all are suffering." She went on with her usual ramblings. A single tear escaped. These hormones aren't exactly helping.

Endure it for the baby's sake.

I chanted to calm myself down.

"I am sorry athai." I once again said. She sighed.

"Just remember to bring mine and your mama's (father in law) bed coffee early tomorrow.  Don't make me say it daily. Go bring our coffee".