Chapter 12

Divit's Pov:

The good thing about morning jogs is that you feel fresh the whole day. I got ready in my tracks and went to check on my boys before I start on my day. They were sleeping peacefully cuddling each other. I smiled as I went out and locked the front door. The cold wind hit me right on my face and I noticed the newspapers that were sprawled on the doorstep. I placed it on top of shoe rack and stepped out.

As I walked through the little garden in front of the house, I saw a silhouette sitting at my front gate. It resembled that of a woman. Who in their right mind would sit out at 4'o clock chilly morning. I went off to send that crazy one away but was petrified to see Aadvika there shivering. But what caught my eyes were her swollen cheeks. It would've hurt. And somehow that thought made me angry, who would hurt a pregnant woman so bad? Right what is a pregnant hurt unconscious woman doing in front of my house at early morning?

Sigh.

I patted her cheeks softly to wake her up. She was so cold. Gosh she should've just pressed the calling bell and come in rather than freezing here. I hate troublesome situations but I can't just leave her to freeze to death. At least not when she is fostering a child in her. When she didn't wake up after several attempts, I lifted her in my arms and took her inside my home. The bag was pushed inside the garden, it can be picked later. After laying her on the couch in a comfortable position to not harm her and the baby, I took my phone out. I know some first aid but I don't wanna experiment them on a pregnant woman. So I called my friend alias doctor, Srivats.

"Hey who the bastard is calling me this early ?" He groaned in his sleepy voice.

"It's Divit " I said containing my patience. "Man I know you're crazy but you can't just call me in the early morning to prove that? " he said as if he found this funny and intriguing.

"Come to my home in 5 mins with some equipments to treat a pregnant unconscious woman, Srivats " I heard him fall down the bed. "Whatttt? " he shouted tearing my ear drums. "what do you mean by what? "

"Have you made another woman pregnant ? And what do you mean by she is unconscious? Did you threaten her? Wait at what semester is she? Oh no what about Surya and Chandra? Do they know they're gonna have a little brother or sister? And my god Divit, have you finally decided to get settled? "He rambled all of the nonsenses he came up with. What shall I do with a friend like this?

"Shut up Srivats, Don't think of any nonsense and come here fast, I'll explain it then" I said gritting my teeth. He just said yes and I could here him getting ready so I cut the call and sat in a chair near the couch.

" You look so pale" I murmured as I watched her sleeping peaceful. Her hair was messed up. Somehow my hands had a mind of their own to brush her swollen cheeks. It was red. But thank god she was a little warm now. What just happened. I couldn't fathom. I never would've allowed a stranger with troublesome past near my home or children but once again she seem to find loopholes in my principles everytime.

Right on time, Srivats came dressed in his casuals. He looked nothing like a doctor with his messy hair and casuals but he was the best doctor in the state. "Hi buddy. Fancy seeing you with a woman" he came in with his killer smile which I don't know why he shows at me.

"Atleast loosen up a little buddy. " he hit my shoulders playfully and examined Aadvika from head to toe. "She sure is a looker, Divit. Where did you find her? "
"Shut up Srivats and don't cast your ugly womanizing eyes on her" I said as I went in to quickly get us both a cup of coffee.
When I came back he was done with his checkup. "How is she? " I asked not wanting her to be unwell.
"Chill buddy your pretty lady here is absolutely fine and so does the little one in her. She's just tired and stressed I guess. She'll wake up in a few hours" I just nodded and left a breath which I didn't know I was holding in.
Seeing me, Srivats chuckled and opened his mouth to say something which I knew wouldn't be something pleasing to hear. "And Divit don't resort to violence on a pregnant woman, no matter how much kinky you are. " I pinched his arm quite hard. "Hey shut up. I and her are not related " he just occupied the opposite couch and smirked "Yeah you and her are not related and the baby fell down from the sky" he said getting the coffee from my hands.
I just glared at him which made him shut up and silently drink his coffee. After a moment of silence, he asked what was this all about.
I explained without letting him on many details like how I feel weird around her so he wouldn't tease me.
"Oh I'm so sorry for teasing Divit. I feel sorry for her man. " He said genuinely.
"Srivats, I ask you this because I trust you. Do you think I made a mistake by involving her in my life? I mean she's just going to be a neighbor but what if her life troubles affect my children life? And I'm afraid if she'll dig my ugly truth too."
He just got up and gave me a bro hug.