Chapter 9

Aadvika's POV :

I didn't know that this would be the house of those two cute ladoos.I could feel their love radiating for me through their hugs. But for reasons unknown,  I felt my heart sting as they cried. Ritu just came in and ordered them to go in.  Ahh I wanted to speak more with them. Okay,  maybe next time. 

"Akka can we go and look around your to be house. " Ritu's voice broke my inner thoughts. "Yeah if you are okay with it,  I'd like to. " She guided me towards the next house with atmost care to my situation . The house was small but enough for me.  A small hall,  one living room,  nicely built kitchen and a pooja room. Outside,  there was a small door which Ritu explained as the connection between their house and this house. "Don't worry, Akka. No one from our house uses this path. It was built when we were children ." She said and we were back to the bunglow. I was told to wait till her brother came. Ritu 

Now that I think,  if the cute ladoos were here then that means the brother whom Ritu is mentioning must be that careless guy. I should speak with Surya and Chandra to get more info "

"Yeah I'm that same careless guy" A deep husky voice hit my ears and a shiver ran down my back. 

Shit. I must have said that loud. There stood that guy with Surya and Chandra behind him. 

Shoot. I'm not getting this house as I insulted it's owner,  I guess. 

All down the drain. 

Divit's POV : 

As my little champs conveyed that the person who saved them is here in our house,  I thought of greeting them and thanking them once again.  Maybe she saw my visiting card and came to ask for help. Anyway it was only right to go greet her as she saved my boys.  I was kinda thrilled to see the woman who shrugged my help off and now came to find me again. Is it a ploy to get money from me or take advantage of me ?

Anyway I was ready to offer her what she wanted if that was legal and within my bounds. As I went down the stairs, I heard her voice.  She was basically cornering me into the category of being careless. Me,  a lawyer who has won many cases due to my prudent character.  I went in front of her. And she wants to speak with my sons? Does she have any hidden agenda? Is this woman also going to be the same as 'her' .

"Yeah I'm that same careless guy " Her surprised face was worthy to be called a careless guy but I was clouded with the past betrayals which made my blood boil as she mentioned my children. She stood and greeted me by joining her hands as in a praying form. "I'm Aadvika. "

I returned her gesture and we both sat on the sofa.  Ofcouse in opposite directions. Surya sat down next to me while Chandra ran off to her side.  "So what sort of favor do you want from me? Money? Or do you want me handle any case? " Just state it. After acting all so modest about not wanting my help that day, now you're here at my doorstep. Maybe you wanted a big profit for saving my children so you got yourself some time to plan what you can get from me. " I said and her face shrunk. And my voice only made it more humiliating.  "Oops are you dissapointed that your ploy to get my children to help you achieve your goals has been caught red handed? "

I did not mean to be too rude but I can't just go easy because for all she may be a scammer or a gold digger. I don't do sympathy for anyone. The only circle of people who experiences my kindness would be my family. There is even a possibility that she saved my children calculating the profit she could reap.

She just kept her hand on her stomach and got up. "I'm so touched by your hospitality that I wish to never step foot on this place. And I swear on my child that I never even thought about any ploy or involving Surya or Chandra in that non existent ploy. I just wanted to know more about them out of genuine curiousity. And I'm sorry to disappoint you,  but I didn't come to meet you to beg for your help. You're sorely mistaken if you think everyone would bow down to you for money.  " She glared at me and took her hand bag. 

"Just inform Ritu that I appreciate her help but I hate being where I'm disrespected."She hurriedly waddled out the room letting Surya and Chandra whimper in unhappiness. 

Maybe I overdid it. Not all people calculate about money. But hearing her talk about my children made me remember 'her'. She too used my children to reap benefits from me. And why is she asking me to inform Ritu? Is it because Ritu let her inside the house?  I sighed keeping my emotions at bay and turned to my champs. "Wanna play with appa?" I asked them. But they just stormed out to their rooms with angry tears.  I don't want to go to them now or else I'll unleash their sadness which will evoke the pain I've locked away for years. Ritu came in with a baffled look. 

"Anna,  I was searching for you everywhere and you're here. And why are my nephews crying? "

"It is nothing Ritu. They'll be fine soon. Now tell me as to why you were searching me? " I made some space for her to sit next to me. "Oh that Anna,  I said about renting the next door house, right? "

"Yeah Ritu. When is that lady Coming? I'm going out in half an hour to meet a client. So tell her to hurry" I said as I stared at my phone time. "Anna she has already come. " She said going out to the door. "Where Ritu , I don't see anyone. " She dragged me out the house next door. "Ritu,  has she come or not? ". "Anna she was here just a minute ago.  I told her to wait in the living room but as she wasn't there, I thought she came to see the house.  Where is she? "

"Who's exactly is this 'she' Ritu? " 

"It's Aadvika Akka, Anna. " That's it. Everything came crashing down. Why she sat there and what I did wrong and how I'm here feeling deeply ashamed to have let my feelings get the best of me. 

I seriously need to apologize . She came as a guest of my sister and on top of that she was once my children's saviour. But all of her goodness were repaid with my insults today. I let my head down in shame and guilt. It swallowed me as whole. The all too familiar pain of guilt ate away my heart. I felt my heart race and sweats drip. But apart from this,  I couldn't grasp what was happening around me. 

All I heard was a vivid 'save me ' voice which has choked me and my nights for years.A blurry version of two blood soaked children only made it harder to breathe. 

I shut my ears with my hands as the once familiar voice screeched. As the dark images kept flashing before me,  I shouted loud. But the old flashbacks now included her whose face shrunk with my words. Her glare that now pierces my heart  . It was too hard to bear. Bear the pain which is the consequences of my own foolish anger.

And that's when I realized I'll never be a proper human with my raging temper which always proves me wrong in the end.  With the realization,  the sounds and scenes faded as if accepting that I'm not capable of making anyone happy or be happy myself. 

At one point,  I just felt Surya and Chandra hug me.  I hugged them back with everything I had. If not for them,  I would have buried these pains along with me in my grave.  I live for them. Only them. 

And to continue do that,  I need to learn to be a better person by cutting down on my anger and the past. 

"I love you darlings" I whispered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------