Chapter 19

Divit's Pov:

I woke up with a really bad neck ache when I heard my phone ring.
My hands subconsciously went to the aching sore area of my neck and gave it a squeeze in hopes of reducing the pain.
But Alas sleeping in a sitting position really does costs a sore neck.

Stretching out to keep my tiredness away,  I took my phone from my pant pocket.

It was Ritu.  She must've been worried sick.

"Ritu " I said as I stood up and walked out so my conversation wouldn't disturb Aadvika's sleep.

"Anna,  are you stupid? You knew how worried I was and still haven't called me first to inform me about Aadvika and her condition." She screeched high enough through the phone to make me deaf.

"Ritu,  you're gonna make me deaf one day.  Stop screaming my little donkey. Aadvika is perfectly fine.  She has given birth to a beautiful girl.  And -" My calm words were interrupted by my excited little sister.

"Really?  Thank god,  I thought If she gave birth to a boy,  maybe we should turn out house into a boys hostel. But Aadvika akka has a little girl.  I'm so excited. Awww I really wanna meet them soon. But before that I should clean our house, grab some of children's clothes from the twins wardrobe (As newborn babies are usually made to wear old clothes and not new ones) , call and inform Chitra or should I prepare some food for her? "

She rapped her worries out.

"Ritu wait " I tried to talk but she was having none of it.

"Maybe I'll dial Srivats and ask him what to feed Aadvika Akka or I'll call our mother. "

"Ritu you can't call mom" I said chiding her but god,  this little sister was already too into her thoughts.

"Anna I should wake Surya and Chandra. Then complete all the works fast so I could be near Aadvika Akka soon.  Anna don't be rude to her.  I'll be there soon.  I love you Anna bye. " That's it. She spoke like a thunderbolt in summer season and hang up the  call.

I sighed thinking about my overexcited sister and shook my head.  I heard a sobbing sound and quickly rushed back into the ward.

There Aadvika sat against the headboard looking lifeless. A single shred of tear ran past her pale cheeks.  She was staring particularly at nothing.  Her black iris floating in the pool of the tears that wait for disposal at the edge of her eyes.

"Aadvika " I called out to which she flinched and turned back.

"Divit? " it wasn't a call, more like a question.

I went near her and with each step I took,  I could see her gaze fixed on me.

"Does it pain?" I asked when I finally was by her side. I couldn't imagine the pain she must've undergone to bring a child to life.

Her hands slowly found their way to arms.  I held her hands in a supportive manner.  I could feel the way it trembled.

She seemed to process my question with her head down.

I didn't let my gaze waver.  Then it happened all of a sudden. Her fiery eyes found mine in the most painful look.

"Aadvika " I tried my best to keep my voice calm to let her know I'm there.

All those locked tears at the cliff of her eyes fell rapidly, adding redness to her eyes and nose.

"It's fine Aadvika.  Everything is fine." I repeated but her silence scared the shit out of me.  I didn't what word or action of mine could soothe her pain and provide relief.