Chapter 4

Aadvika's Pov :

    I kept smiling the whole way home.  Those two little ladoos were so cute. And it did shook me when they suddenly called me Amma. I think their mother is no more.  But I'm happy that they weren't crying for long and got to go home happily with their father. But I didn't lie when I said god would let us meet.  I have this feeling in me which assures me that we may meet again. 

From my young age I love children. And I got quickly attached with them. Everything took a turn for the worst when my parents lost their lives in an accident. I lost my enthusiasm and the society deemed me weak and thought of me as a burden which is supposed to be passed on.  And the only family such took me in was Vinay, my now late husband's family.  I wanted to study and grow independent . But even at the age of 18, I was pushed to marry a man of 25 years old with not so much of a choice. 

Sad past aside,  I felt really weird when the father of the children came.  He seems mature and all but how could he be careless enough to let his children out. He did pass me a visiting card right?  Maybe I'd take a look later.  I slowly got off the auto when we reached my place.  I paid the driver and went inside. The living room had glasses and trays with snacks in it.  Maybe the one they served the guests. I left to my room and placed my belongings. Went to the bathroom and got freshened.  It took me an another 15 minutes to clean the mess in living room and sweep the house. After everything,  it was 5 in the evening. The most favorite time in the whole day for me.  

It's my music class.  I take music lessons to nearby children and a very few adults. I could feel my stress dissipate while singing.  I sat on the veranda of the house and waited for everyone. The first one to come was Chitra. She is 20 this year.  I envy her as she is still studying in college and her parents firmly support her idea of getting married at 28. And as cherry on the top,  chitra is the only friend I've got. We both are of the same age so we have no trouble getting along. 

"Chitu,  how was your college today? " I asked curiously. She often shares her college life and also teaches me something knowledgeable whenever she could. She knows all my life history and is the only soul who told me to get out of this house and start life new.  She even said she'll support me financially. But I politely declined her. Not that I don't want to take up on her tempting offer but few things stopped me. 

"Boring Aadvi.  You know there is this one professor who kept on saying boring things. I almost slept in the class. " And so we giggled and chatted a little. 

"So what did you do today Aadvi with my niece? " she asked after she spoke enough with my baby. And chitra believes that the baby would definitely be a girl. 

"Me and your niece went to the temple "

"mmn I didn't bring an umbrella. Had I known you went to a temple,  I would've definitely bought it with me.  How surprising. Is my Aadvi  going to stop being gloomy and become the cheery Aadvi again? "

I just sat silent.  It was true. Even after getting married,  I used to visit the temples a lot with Patti. Yup. You heard me right. The same Patti who chased me out to the temple today. As per my luck,  she too left my side after Vinay's  death. 

"It wasn't my own will to visit the temple." I explained the whole event of today including those two ladoos. 

We couldn't speak longer as other people came.  The class went as good as the other days.  And I too felt relieved the whole time.  At the end of the class everyone paid the fees and  went on their way.  Chitra also went saying that she had some assignments to complete. 

I went to my room.  I opened my cupboard to store my money. That's where I save money for my child. I took the piggy bank and sat on the chair.  I counted how much I have saved till now.  Shockingly I felt some money was missing. Did I use it ? Maybe.  I just kept the money I got today in and locked the cupboard.