Chapter 7

Aadvika's POV:

  *Slap*

"You useless idiot. How dare you walk blindly and spoil Vichitra's bangles."

"Leela,  there is no point in scolding her as we already know this bad luck has been entrusted on our fate " Paati looked at me with pure disgust. Vichitra  was fuming in anger. 

So to sum it up.  I did make my plan work out by accidentally letting my hand slip so Vichitra's glass bangles fell down. I did my best to pretend as if I'm hurt by their words. Actually this bangle incident is the 5th time I'm messing up something. Even though acting isn't that tough as I thought,  the slap really hurts. 

"I'm sorry paati" I said with welling crocodile tears. I must win this game so I could get out.  My heart tings in shame for lying but this family ain't worth it.  I could literally feel paati's mind turning 360 to come up with insults or punishments maybe. 

"You shouldn't be here Aadvika. That's the only way to have Vichitra's marriage go smoothly. " Paati said. Ohooo. I've achieved my purpose. But  my Maama who was quite till now with the newspaper in his hands spoke out his thoughts. 

"Aadvika isn't going anywhere. She is carrying the blood of my son. As Vinay is no more,  the child is the only thing that is remaining of him.  And Vinay has deposited a huge lump of amount in the name of baby. We can't leave it to her." 

Oh so all they care about is the money.  Should I just agree to handover their money?  The only good thing Vinay did was allotting some finance to his child while he was alive. But now they are ready to snatch that too. But who cares?  If I could get out from here,  I need to pay a price. It's better to pay others money as a price,  right? 

"Maama,  I'll transfer the money to you as the child's Guardian, if that's what you want. But please don't send me out. " I tried my level best to pretend helpless. Their faces gleamed at the mention of money. 

"See,  Nathan she is very much interested in sticking here like a leech and spoiling Vichitra's wedding. Just send her away after getting the money. Eventually she'll come back when the baby is born. After all this leech has nowhere to go. We'll take care of the baby when it is born,  now we'll send her out. "

It worked out well. I should just ignore their words and be stress free.  Everything would be fine. But somehow all I could see was the satisfied faces of my so called family. The sheer happiness they get from chasing me out.  You'd think I'd be immune to this,  as I even worked out an escape plan but no matter what they were my family at one point. I yearned for their love and did everything in my power to hold them close just to have them stab me in the back. 

I let out my breath. Athai happily sat beside maama in a chair. " Dear,  where will we send her now.No one would accept an inauspicious widow in their home,  right? " She was practically leaning on him. Shameless couple. "that's now a problem Aruna. "He thought for a minute or so and kept the newspaper down. "Shall we send her to any ashram ?"

"No dear,  if we sent her to ashram they will treat her like a queen. She doesn't deserve it. "

I have to interrupt before they hook me somewhere desserted. I sniffed and let some loud tears to grab their attention .I went near my athai. "Athai please please don't send me anywhere else like Vinay aunty's home.  I'll go to ashram itself.  Please aathai." I definitely need an Oscar for my performance. She just laughed out loud like an old rusted speaker.  Ooo 

"Fool. You are right. "She got up and went near Paati." Athai let's just send Aadvika to Vinay aunty's home. That bitch hates us so she will surely torture Aadvika too. So Aadvika won't have any other way but come back to us when the baby is born. "  Vichitra just nodded her head and went in to speak with her fiance. Not before saying ," Yes mom she'll come back like a boomerang and hit us with her Ill fate.  She ought to come back. "