Chapter 20

This is what I imagine Aadvika's little angel to be like. 😊😊

Now enjoy the story.

Chandra's POV :

I kicked and turned in bed as I felt so sweaty. Ahhhhhhh why is it so hot? It was quite hard to open my eyes. I wanted to sleep for a few more minutes.

Slightly opening my one eye, I saw that the fan was off.

Closing my eyes again, I moved my hand over the bed and searched for Surya, when I felt him at the corner of the bed, I woke him up.

"Surya, I'm sweating. Go and switch on the fan. " I mumbled still not wishing to wake up.

"Nee po "( You go) he whined and swatted my hands away.

"Ahhhhhhh apppa " I shouted with irritation. I wanna sleep. I was about to cry when I heard Ritu chiti's voice.

"Surya! Chandra! Quickly wake up. " she shouted and from the sound of her voice, I knew she was in kitchen.

"Nooooooo . I won't wake up. " I yelled back. I did hear some rustling which means Surya must've gotten up but I refuse to get up from my bed. I want to sleep.

I honestly hate school. I have to study there and everyone seems to compare me with Surya. They get dissapointed when they learn that I'm not good like Surya in studies. Ugh what am I supposed to do about that? I just wanna play, eat ,sleep and speak with Aadvi amma.

Surya shook me from my side to get me up but I clutched my bed sheets tighter and whined a big nooo.

I opened my eyes reluctantly and glared at Surya. "I'm not going to get up. " I said and snatched his pillow. Hugging it tightly to my chest, I rested my head on its softness.

"Chandra get up, we have school today and only if you get ready fast, we could see Aadvika Amma before we leave. " he said which made me interested .

Aadvika Amma never scolds me for getting less marks than Surya just like appa. She even gives me extra snacks than Surya. I really like her. She sings for me, plays with me and even let's me speak with the little baby inside her stomach.

"I'm only waking up because I want to meet amma " I huffed and got up. How nice it would be if Aadvika Amma like other children's amma came and stayed in our house, but dad says she needs to be there to look after the baby.

Surya patted my head and went inside the washroom. I pouted. He always treats me like a child . I folded my hands in my chest and looked down. I like it that he cares for me but others mock me for being a baby.

I jumped down the bed and went to Ritu Chithi.

She was cooking while smiling like she got a diary milk silk chocolate. I mean what could make one person more happy than chocolates ?

"Chithi, I don't wanna go to school. I would rather sit home and help you. " I passed her my perfect smile that has always worked against grandma and grandpa.

She only paused her work to pinch my nose. "I know the only help that'll be done by you is trouble. " I pouted and stomped my feet.

Why are daddy and chitti (Aunt) immune to my charm ? Hmph.

"But anyway you're not going to school today. " She said making me jump in joy.

"Really? Really? Really? No colgate promises? " I asked moving close behind her as she walked around the kitchen, trying to cook something.

"Yes my choco boy, so go and brush. " She pushed me towards my room. I did a small monkey dance as I went on my way to room.

"Suryaaaaaa!! " I shouted as I went inside my room. He was all ready in his black trousers and light blue shirt.

"Don't shout, Chandra. " He said as he slowly took his school bag and packed his books into it. He is always such a perfect person and I hate it.

" Whatever. We're not going to school today. " I grinned.

" What? No. You can't lie. Go and get ready, Chandra. " he didn't believe me.

"I am not lying, ask Chitti about it. " he ran away to her and returned in a minute.

"See, I didn't lie. " I stood my point and sat on my bed.

He looked at me smiling and apologized.

"It's fine, I forgive you since you gave me your chocolate the previous time. " Surya was just smiling. Weird.

He is never happy about not going to school.

"Hey What happened!?" I asked as I jumped and laid back on my bed.
He too joined me and kept smiling.

"Do you know the reason for taking leave today? " he asked as he turned and used his palms to support his chin, as he stared down at the bed.

"No, but I'm just happy that I don't have to submit my maths homework. "
He scrunched his face at my words but then continued his weird smiles.

"We are going to meet baby"

I was now totally confused. What baby ? Appa aye I'm the baby in the house . And he is with me, so he can't be excited to meet me. Then who is this baby.

"You're confusing." I whine and lay stomach front in the bed and press my face into the sheests.

"You're stupid" Surya giggled.

I whined more and asked him to spill the truth faster.

" We're going to meet Aadvi amma's baby " he said and quickly got up.

I mimicked his actions and was staring at him.

"What??? " I shouted. Why did amma get another baby while we are here. And how did the baby suddenly come?

I asked as tears welled up. Were we not good children that she decided to get another baby?

Surya sighed. He does this often to look like an adult. He learned it from appa.

" Chandra, you knew Aadvi amma was pregnant right. We've even felt the baby kick right ? Then why are you shocked? "

" I just didn't think the baby would come this soon ". I glanced down.

"Aadvi amma has a girl baby that means we've got a little sister to play with. Do you remember Arjuna from our class? He often teases me saying that I have no sister like he does to play with. But now I'll tell him that I too have a sister. " he gleamed with happiness. And it reflected on my own heart.

Yeah. A sister. A cute baby who would follow me around and call me brother. She would always play with me and wouldn't call me a baby like Surya does. I'll give her all my toys and she'd give me all her time.

And Aadvi amma would be more proud that I care for.

"Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I've got a sister. " I shouted and wanted to see her immediately.

At the same time, Ritu Chithi came and urged us to get ready to go and see her.

My happiness was the same as when I get loaded with presents and chocolates on my birthday. I ran into the bathroom to get ready, leaving Surya to help Chithi.

Well this day is the best day. J can't wait to meet my sister who'd run behind me and talk a lots with me.

I'd even give her my chocolates. Hehehe.

I love her too much already.

"En thangachi " (My sister)

Wait for me.