wisdom teeth

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

you get into the drivers seat car, matt hopping in the passenger seat and chris and nick in the back. you were driving matt to the dentist where he's getting his wisdom teeth removed. he had been complaining about them for a while now and finally was getting them removed.

you began driving towards the dentist, focused on the road but also glancing at matt every now and again. he looked really nervous, he was playing with his hands and biting the inside of his cheeks, something he always does when he's experiencing a lot of anxiety. "matt you're gonna be okay, we'll be right beside you when you wake up ok?" you reassure him. he takes a deep breath and nods.

you arrive to the dentists office, you're currently in the waiting room with matt and his two brothers. chris and nick were distracted by nicks phone, paying no attention to a now shaking matt who was biting his lips that were slightly starting to bleed. you place your hand over matts and tell him to relax. just then his name is called, you pat him on the back and wish him luck, once again promising you'll be right beside him when he wakes up.

time skip

matts eyes flutter open being met with chris right up in his face giggling. nick grabs chris' shoulder and pulls him away from matt telling him to stop being annoying. matt doesn't even acknowledge chris' behaviour, his main focus was trying to find where you were. "mmm wheres y/nnnn" he asks, finding it difficult to speak from his mouth being numb and a bunch of cotton balls being shoved into the corner of his mouth. " she's gone to sign your papers, she'll be back in a minute" nick says.

you walk into the room and see matt sitting up looking at you with a dopey grin on his face. you walk over laughing at his chubby cheeks and cotton filled mouth. "you look really silly right now" you giggle, fixing a loose strand of hair. matt leans his head against you, falling back asleep for about 20 seconds before shooting back up again. chris shoved his phone close to matts face "matt say chubby bunny" he laughs "fuck off chris" chris keeps recording not reacting to matt telling him to go away. matt gives up after 10 seconds, he knew chris wouldn't stop until he said it. "chubby bunny" he says with an unamused face

you had gotten into the car at this point. everyone sat in the same seats as they did coming up to the dentist. you were currently driving to mc donald's to get matt an ice cream. he had been pretty quiet the whole ride, his main interest being opening every compartment in your car and looking at the items you had in them, asking you questions about them, and even sneaking some cool things into his pockets when you weren't looking.

you ordered everyone's food and parked in the carpark. you gave matt his ice cream, making him spit the gauze out first. you look over a few seconds later seeing how he was completely missing his numb mouth and getting frustrated. you took it off him and began feeding him it.

after his ice cream, you drove them home. since nobody else wanted to, you had the job or trying to carry matts barely conscious body up the stairs to his bedroom. you finally get him to his bed and help him sit down, you take his shoes off and begin putting fresh gauze in his mouth. after you were finished you lay him down, you're about to walk out when he grabs your hand "can you stay?" he asks. "yeah ok" you lay down beside him on top of the covers. he stares at you for a few minutes, you stare back. you love his eyes. "you're so prettyyyy" matt breaks the silence, he smiles as he says it. he's so out of it it's hilarious,also his voice muffled by the cotton and also the drowsiness making it more funny. "thank you matt, so are you" "you're prettier" he replies. once again silence overtakes you both for a few minutes.

"i have a secret" matt says out of nowhere. his eyes were closed and he sounded like he was about to doze off any second. "what is it?" you ask excitedly. "i have a crush on y/n" you stay silent for a second before answering him "hm?"  "shhhhhhh don't tell her" matt giggles, he attempts to put his finger over your lips, but due to not currently facing you, and instead laying on his back facing the ceiling, and also the fact that his eyes were closed, he completely missed. giving a few more attempts he finally got his finger over your mouth. "she can't knowww"

ANOTHER TIME SKIPP

you walk into matts room. it had been a few days since his surgery and since you last saw him. after he confessed his feelings to you, he fell asleep before you could figure out another response. you left after that and haven't seen him until now.

"hi matt" "heyy" "i see the swelling went down" you laugh, cupping his cheek "you looked like a chipmunk the other day" matt laughs back,slapping your hand away "no slander will be tolerated i had a blade in my gums" you both sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes, watching matt play the game on his computer

"i want to talk to you about something" you say to him. matt turns the computer off and looks at you. that's one thing you've always loved about him, he always gives you his full attention. "the other day..." "oh no i said something weird didn't i?" matt begins to panic, you see his eyes widen more. "nonono it wasn't weird, ummm you told me you liked me..." "what" matt replies, he sits up more in his seat, he looks tense and like he's about to throw up. "dude i thought i was talking to chris. i was talking to you?....y/n..fuck i'm so sorry..shit i'm so so sorry please don't let this ruin our friendship i know you don't feel the same that's ok but- "matt slow down" you say you put your hand on his shoulder, looking straight into his eyes "i like you too....i have since like middle school" matt goes red in the face. you both look into eachothers eyes for a few seconds before matt asks "can i kiss you?" you nod. you both share a quick passionate kiss. both of you giggling after, also hearing more giggles come from his doorway, you both turn to see chris and nick standing there laughing before chris shouts "NICK YOU OWE ME 20 DOLLARS I TOLD YOU HE WOULD TELL HER WHILE HE WAS HIGH HAHAHAH"