pasta date

inspired by the recent video. matt said he'd love to have a date making pasta so i thought i'd do an imagine on it :)) if u guys don't know the song play it to get an idea of it when it's mentioned

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

you and matt have been dating for a few months now. matt had arranged a date for you two, with matts anxiety and with both of you being quite introverts, exciting dates weren't really your thing. most of the time just coming over and cuddling in his room. last night matt came up with the amazing idea of making pasta together and then eating it. you both agreed and planned it out together. falling asleep that night feeling so excited for the exciting next day.

you knocked on matts door, he answers with a smile, and an apron around him. "matt were literally boiling some pasta, why the apron?" you laugh "it looks cool" he responds back with a smile. he shuts the door behind you and you walk to the kitchen, seeing all the ingredients laid out. you're making yours and matts favourite, chicken alfredo. you feel an apron being put on you from behind, you turn around, to be faced with matts grinning face as he ties your apron, giving you a quick peck on the cheek before going to grab a pot. you stood there blushing for a moment before focusing again. you both had discussed through messages that you're on sauce duty and matts on watching the pasta boil duty, since the last time you both cooked, matt almost set the house on fire for the second time, making pizza. you still don't even know how the oven caught fire, all you know is that he's not trusted in the kitchen.

once the pasta was boiling you started on the sauce, matt was currently in charge of the speaker music. after choosing a song, he walks behind you, putting his arms around your waist and his head on your shoulder, watching you stir the sauce in the pan.

once you were done with the sauce, you turn the heat off. the pasta wasn't done cooking yet, matt using this as the perfect opportunity to drag you to the middle of the kitchen just as the next song starts playing - "cant take my eyes off you" (PLAY THE SONG IF U DONT KNOW IT) he puts his arms on your hips, yours going around his neck, you both waltz around, a giggling mess. you both keep missing steps, neither of you knowing how to dance. eventually you stand on matts feet and he walks the two of you around while he sways you both. you're both in hysterics at this point. matt adding the dramatics by dropping you down, he pulls you back up and kisses you, swaying you both still lightly.

a few more minutes of dancing later, matt strains the now overcooked pasta and you add the sauce. he stands behind you once again, hands on your hips swaying you both lightly to the music. you plate up the pasta, matt setting the table, going over the top by pulling a table cloth out of god knows where, adding candles and champagne glasses filled with dr pepper which you both laughed at. you sat down and talked while eating the overcooked, soggy but surprisingly good pasta. you ended up staying the night after cleaning up. nick coming into matts room to show you the video he had taken of you two dancing.

matthewsturniolo: kid overcooked the pasta @y/n

matthewsturniolo: kid overcooked the pasta @y/n.l/n

comments

y/n.l/n: I WAS ON SAUCE DUTIES

christophersturniolo: you both cant cook for shit
matthewsturniolo: die

user362: the cutest couple