period

requested story

summery: y/n gets her period while sleeping over at her boyfriend matts house for the first time.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

you and matt had been dating for just over 2 months now. he was a frequent customer at the café you worked at and eventually asked you on a date, you obviously said yes. you're both new to relationships, this one being both of your firsts, so even 2 months in, things are still a little awkward. it was your first time staying the night last night, matt was nervous as hell when he asked you. when you said yes, matt went home that night and deep cleaned his room for the next day.

whenever you're over, his mom tells you both to keep the door open. matt always complained about it, always shouting out to his mom that he's 19 now and he should be allowed to shut the door,  so it really surprised him when his mom agreed to let you stay over. marylou absolutely adored you. she always said you're the daughter she never had, she loves to do girly things with you she never got to do with the boys and always dragged you out of matts room to talk to you. she was just as excited as matt to have you over for the night.

you both watched a movie and then decided to go to bed. sharing matts single bed was a pain. he moved a lot in his sleep and kept hogging the blanket. you both also felt a bit awkward, this was your first sleepover with a boy and matts first with a girl. you both kept a distance in the bed, which you felt stupid about, you were literally cuddled up not even half an hour ago. you both talk in bed before matt notices you're starting to drift asleep. he pulls you closer to him and falls asleep with you.

you wake up the next morning to your stomach cramping. you let out a small groan and shift in the bed, but the feeling of something wet in your trousers and underneath you made you stop abruptly as you realised your current situation. you had just gotten your period. in your boyfriends bed. with no sanitary products. and his sheets are white. you sit there for a minute hoping you would just sink into the mattress and never be seen again, before standing up and going towards the bathroom.

you walk into the bathroom and sit down on the toilet. you put your head in your hands and mutter to yourself. what am i gonna do? i have no spare clothes. matts probably gonna freak when he sees his sheets. this is so embarrassing. he's never seen stuff like this before. he's gonna be so grossed out. your thoughts are interrupted by a knock at the door "y/n?"

matt had slightly woken up, he reaches his arm out while his eyes are still closed, trying to feel around for you. when he couldn't feel you, he opened his eyes. you weren't there. but what was there was a massive red spot on his white sheets. what the fuck? he sat there staring at the blood with wide eyes for a minute thinking of any reason why there would be blood on the sheets where you had been sleeping. before realising what had happened, his face paled at the thought. he wasn't grossed out, more...scared?? he didn't know anything about periods but that looked like a lot of blood. too much blood. so many thoughts were flooding through his head as he ran his hand through his hair. are you gonna be angry at him? he heard sometimes girls can be grumpy on their periods. have you bled out? no that's dramatic. or is it? there was A LOT of blood on his sheets. did you have any period stuff? how will he help you? how does this work? having a girlfriend is hard.....and confusing. but he loves you. a lot.

he sits up and walks towards the bathroom. he hears you sigh from behind the door. "y/n?" he asks "are you okay?" "im fine" she responds quietly. "can i come in?" she doesn't answer, but the door opens and she stands back to let him in "ummm....you got your uh...period?" he asks "i'm so sorry matt, your sheets...." "hey hey hey, i don't care about them it's fine. i was more worried about you, at first i thought you got shot or something" you let out at giggle at his words. wiping a small tear that had streamed down your face. you felt super embarrassed.

"i don't have any period stuff on me...." you say, you look up at him. matt thinks for a second before standing up from the toilet. "i'll go buy you stuff" he says. you thank him and he grabs his car keys, setting off to the store. you take a shower in the meantime, and cry a little in the shower, still embarrassed that the first night you spent at your boyfriends house, you bled all over his sheets and mattress. he's probably never gonna invite you over again. the thought of having to get rid of the sheet and one of his other family members seeing it had you putting your head in your hands, you're completely mortified.

you get out of the shower and wrap yourself with a towel, just as you step out of the bathroom, your phone on matts nightstand begins to ring. you see matt is trying to call you, you answer.

"WHY THE FUCK IS THERE SO MANY PERIOD PRODUCTS?? AND THEYRE ALL THE SAME THING??" matt says in a panicked voice as soon as you pick up. you let out a small laugh before you start talking "matt, babe- "IM SO CONFUSED. MY HEAD HURTS THERES SO MUCH READING AND COLOURS AND BRANDS AND TYPES" "matt-  he cuts you off again "THERES SIZES TOO?? what the fuck? y/n what size um....thingy....?? are you?" you start hysterically laughing, while matt looks around panicked, girls had began to look at him and giggle to their friends at his confused look.

you began to talk to him about the products "ok matt the sizes go by your flow not what size your thingy is. get me whatever brand it doesn't matter" "pads or tampons?" he asks "or there's this weird little funnel thingy" you laugh at his choice of words before you start talking again "get me-   your words are cut off at matts phone dies. he pulls his phone away from his ear to see the dead battery sign. his eyes widen and he begins to panic "no no no no no no" he mutters as he tries to turn his phone back on, he gives up and puts it in his pocket. lets out a sigh and looks back up at the shelves. "ok i'm on my own.."

after what felt like hours, matt gets home, his hands carrying four bags full of things. on his way up to his room, his mom stopped him, wondering what was in his bags. when he showed her a whopping 2 shopping bags full of period products, marylou lost it. she laughed so hard she cried while matt stood there confused. what was so funny? marylou eventually walked off, still laughing. while matt continued walking up the stairs.

he walks into his room and smiles at you. "ok...." he sighs, before dumping 2 of the bags out, about 6 boxes of tampons, 9 packets of pads, all different sizes and two diva cups. you put your hand over your mouth to stifle a laugh. "oh wow..." you say, trying to sound cheerful. "my phone died before you could say what you wanted so i just decided to get everything in every size!!" he says proudly with a smile. "oh baby....." you say pitifully with a small laugh "thank you so much......but i only use pads (if u use something different just change it to that 🫵) we can return like 7 packets of the pads and everything else, that must've cost you so much. i'm so sorry" "babe it's fine! you needed them. i got you some other cool stuff too..." he says, picking up two other bags. he pulls a new sheet out and tosses it to the side "we'll that's for me but everything else is for you" he pours the bags out onto the bed beside the period products. painkillers, hot water bottle, ginger tea, and literally all of your favourite candy and snacks. you teared up a little. he is so fucking adorable.

"shit you're crying. fuckkk i forgot something did i?" "no no no babe i'm just crying cause you're so cute" you get up and give him a hug. "you've been sitting in a towel for ages i'm sorry. do you wanna take another shower? or just get dressed?" you decided to take another shower. matt left clothes for you in the bathroom. a pair of his pyjama pants, a t shirt and his boxers, along with a packet of pads and comfy socks. he made the hot water bottle for you and changed his sheets after flipping the mattress. you got changed and you both cuddled up and took a nap.