sick

requested imagine!!

summery: matt gets sick and y/n takes care of him

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

matt woke up feeling awful. his head felt heavy, his nose was stuffed, his throat felt dry and his stomach really hurt. he unlocked his phone seeing it was only 6am, he let out a groan before shoving his head further into the pillow. laying there for a minute or two before a wave of nausea came over him. he quickly rushed up and ran to the bathroom, chris had woke up to the noise and walked out of his room curiously to see the bathroom door open and matt leaning over the toilet emptying his stomach. he walked and and patted matts back as he gagged once more "what happened?" chris asked his brother. "i just woke up feeling horrible" matt says as he leans back from the toilet. "do you feel any better after that?" matts head and stomach were still hurting, his nose was still blocked and his throat hurt even more after throwing up "not even a little bit" he groans, standing up and walking back to his room. he starts to shiver and puts a hoodie on, crawling back into bed and falling asleep.

he woke up again after a few hours, immediately shooting up and running to the bathroom, throwing up for the second time. he stays in the bathroom for a few minutes and then goes downstairs, entering the kitchen he immediately gets the smell of his mom cooking breakfast, his stomach turns and his headache gets worse just from the smells. he pours himself a glass of water, turning around to be greeted with his mom holding a plate of pancakes right infront of his face. he feels sick just looking at them "mom get them away" matt warns trying to pull his head back as far as he can away from the plate "but they're your favourite matt!" his mom responds, pushing them towards him once again, matts face pales and he once again makes a run to the bathroom holding his hand over his mouth.

he goes back into his room after throwing up a third time, turning on his phone to see a text from you.

y/n❤️:
morning matt <3 are you still picking me up at 7 tonight? x

matt groaned as he remembered your date tonight. as much as he wanted to go, he felt awful and just wanted to stay at home. but he didn't want to let you down, or tell you he was sick. he knew how much you worried and he didn't want you to be worrying about him or making a big deal out of nothing. he'll just have to suck it up.

matt <3:
yep, be ready for 7 x cant wait🙃❤️

he looked at the time, it was only 11am. he could sleep for a few more hours, maybe he'd be able to sleep the sickness off.
chris had heard matt get up out of bed another 4 times to throw up since breakfast. he knew matt felt awful. he had gone into his room to talk to him, matt telling chris about the date he didn't want to cancel and chris scolding him for not telling y/n, but still promised to not say anything to y/n.

yet he decided to after hearing matt throw up for the 7th or 8th time, honestly he had lost count at this point. he called y/n himself to tell her about matts state. "hey y/n, matts sick. like super fucking sick, he's been throwing up all day and like 5 minutes ago he threw up so hard he cried. he's still tryna go on the date with you and pretend he feels okay. can you come over?" "oh my god, yeah i'll be there in 30 minutes."

you stopped off at the shop before going to matts. grabbing him crackers to snack on, flu medicine, new comfy pyjamas, a cute teddy, some candy he likes, ice cream, water and some other stuff to make him feel better. you drove to his house and knocked on the door. chris answering and giving you a sympathetic smile. "your boyfriend is currently puking his guts out" chris says. he walks with you towards the bathroom where you can hear matt throwing up and crying at the same time. your heart literally broke in that moment "he's all yours soldier" chris pats your back and shoves you towards the door.

you walk in, matt doesn't turn around, thinking it's chris since chris had been coming in to check on him all day. he gags once again, and goes back to throwing up. "oh baby...." you say. you crouch down beside him and rub his back (my emetophobia could never🤥) once matt is done, he wipes his mouth and looks at you "no y/n, i was picking you up at 7" he says panicked. he didn't want you to see him like this. "matt there's no way we're going out when you feel like this" "no i'm fine i promise i just- he goes to stand up but loses balance, feeling dizzy. you take him into your arms and start walking him towards his room.

"i got you some stuff to help you feel better, how about you take a shower and get into the new pyjamas i got you" you suggest to matt. he gives up trying to pretend he feels okay, giving you a nod and wrapping his arms around you, leaning his head into your neck. "i feel awful" he whimpers "my head is so sore and my stomach. and my throat is sore, it hurts to talk" "oh matt, why didn't you tell me earlier i could've been here to take care of you.." "i didn't want you to worry" he says with his head down, almost ashamed at his actions. he felt stupid now. how did he think he was gonna play off being this sick? how was he going to explain his pale face? or his scratchy voice? or running to the restaurants bathroom gagging every few minutes? how was he going to eat the food without throwing up? "i always worry about you matt" you give a quick kiss to his cheek " i'll get all the stuff ready, go shower" you say.

matt comes out of the bathroom, somehow feeling a little refreshed after the shower even after almost passing out a couple times. he comes into the room dressed in the new pyjamas you got him, simple plaid trousers and a white tee. you pat the bed and he walks over, climbing under the covers and placing his head on your chest. the tv in his room displaying his favourite movie. the benchwarmers (love that movie). "have some of these" you say. matt looks down to see you holding crackers, he groans. he's scared to eat incase he throws up, but he knows you're just trying to help. he ate one cracker and after that there was no stopping him. he ate every bit of candy you bought him, all the crackers and the whole tub of ice cream. regretting his choices pretty quick when another wave of nausea came over him and he threw up everything he just ate.

"ok so next time we just stick to the crackers and water" you say and matt nods before going back to vomiting. he ate a couple crackers after getting back into bed and managed to hold them down. you gave him some flu medicine and painkillers and his headache went. he was starting to drift asleep on your chest before you whispered to him to wake up "matt come up for just a sec" he sits up with his eyes half closed "take this off, you're getting a fever" you say as you tug the bottom of his shirt (if y'all make that sexual i will literally swing on you) he takes it off before cuddling back up into you. you place a kiss on his forehead as you play with his hair, right before he drifts off to sleep he says one last thing "thank you for taking care of me, love you so much" his words are slurred and tired. "that's my job baby, next time tell me earlier okay? i want to take care of you, i don't want you feeling sick on your own" "i promise" he says. almost immediately drifting off to sleep after that.