Lost in Language

Luz reads out loud from "The Good Witch Azura 5" to King, "'Azura,' Hecate began. 'Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally.'" she sighs, swooning.

"Luz, you're getting all swoony again." King points out.

"I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power."

"Rivals are meant to be annihilated not befriended." King starts wagging his tail, "Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom."

"Okay. Suddenly the door swung open."

On cue, Hooty swings the door open, "Ding‐dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!"

"The book has come to life! Burn it!" King points.

"Let me check." Cerise walks over to the door, picking up a basket that was at the door. She walks into the kitchen, "Eda, you got a package. It looks like a gift basket."

"Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks." Eda told her as King ties a bib on. He then pulls the blanket off the top of the basket to reveal a snoring baby bat.

"Aw..." Cerise covers her mouth.

King rubs his paws together, "Mm. Fresh meat."

"Nope, not eating that." Luz averts her eyes as she walks off.

"I agree. That is a living child." Cerise follows after her.

"Witches eating babies is so 1693." Eda informs, "What is this?"

"There's a note." King grabs the note and reads it, ""Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi"?"

"Nope. Babies are awful." Eda gives two thumbs down before crossing her arms and turning away, "Not happening."

""You will be handsomely rewarded. X‐O‐X‐O‐X‐O‐X. Bat Queen.""

"Bat Queen?" Eda asks as King pulls out a few coins from the basket. The witch's eyes widen and sparkle, "Reward?"

"Who's the Bat Queen?" Luz asks as King sniffs the coins.

"She's the wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles. Get in with her and you're set for life." Eda holds up one of the coins, "So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid. Pfft. Easy." she tosses the coin and catches it.

"Our greatest adventure yet! Learning about love and life through a child's eyes." Luz's eyes shine.

"Not me." Cerise spoke up.

"Huh?" Luz turns to her, "Why?"

"I'm returning the books Eda got me from the library." Cerise spins her finger, summoning the books.

"And you have to return the books I checked out from the library for my own benefit." Eda spins her finger, summoning a pile of books that Luz catches.

"Let's go, Luz." Cerise walks to the door, Luz following after her.

"I don't want them getting a cut of the loot." Eda mutters to King.