Hunting Palismen

A fire pit igniting itself as a blue flame appears from it and quenches itself. The nine Head Coven witches walk down the steps and walk to the fire pit. Emperor Belos sits in his throne in front of the Door to the Human Realm. The Golden Guard and Kikimora stand beside him.

"The Day of Unity approaches, where we'll celebrate the purification of magic under the coven system, just as the Titan intended. As heads of the nine covens, we celebrate your efforts to complete this plan. For this, you have earned a glimpse of the reward that awaits." Kikimora informs.

"Step forward." Belos commands.

The head witches take their badges and place them into the holes at the pit. The badges light up and swirl into the fire as the fire erupts. The Head Coven witches' eyes glowed, as the fire shows the Titan's eyes glowing, the sky spinning by very fast until a bright flash happens. The Titan's head appears in the Human Realm during a solar eclipse. The vision fades to the Head witches, their eyes still glowing.

"The larger your covens grow, the more power we have to unite our realms, where the worthy shall inherit a utopia free of wild magic." Emperor Belos grunts in pain and clutches his chest.

The Golden Guard helps Belos up from his throne. Kikimora attempts to follow, but the Golden Guard stops her, "No. Stay here. I can handle this alone."

Kikimora glares at the Golden Guard as they leave.

...

When they are alone, Emperor Belos transforms into some kind of sludge monster. He then proceeds to punch the wall repeatedly, until he slowly backs away, and puts his mask back on. The Golden Guard hands him a staff. He quickly breaks it and absorbs the green essence through his eyes which turn green before changing back to blue.

Belos sighs as the staff disintegrates, "I need more." he reaches out.

"That was the last from our reserves. The palistrom wood has been overharvested." the Golden Guard informs him as Belos turns away, "Uncle, let me help! We can make more palismen! Actually, I read about this technique: harnessing wild magic to-" he cuts himself off when Belos stares back at him, "Uh...sorry."

Emperor Belos places a hand on the Golden Guard's shoulder, "Please, be careful. Our family is gone because of wild magic. I can't let the same happen to you." he squeezes his shoulder as black sludge drips from his hand, "Find me more palismen. I can depend on you, right?"

Kikimora, who was listening like a creep, narrows her eyes and runs off.

...

Luz looks into the echo mouse's terrarium, where it was resting, "Oh, little echo mouse. You ate the diary that can get me home. Can't you cough up a teeny bit?"

"Just squeeze it out!" King grunts as he squeezes his teddy bear so hard, the head pops off.

"Hmm. Maybe I just need to be patient?" Luz presses her face on the glass and whispers, "Please tell me your secrets."

Cerise walks into the room, King immediately running over to snuggle into her fluffy hair, "Luz, we gotta go! Today's a very special day!"

Eda enters, wearing a blazer over her clothes, "Hey, knucklehead. You're gonna be late for school."

Luz doesn't respond to either of them as she stays focused on the echo mouse.

"Alright. I guess you won't be getting a magic staff with your classmates." Eda says as Luz's eyes widen.