Clouds on the Horizon

An Abomaton plugs a tube in the portal, which transfers energy to it and powers it. Belos walks over and touches the broken portal key slung around his neck. 

The Collector appears, "Heh, heh, heh, you nervous? You haven't been home in, like, how many hundreds of years? What if it's all changed? What if you changed? You've got so used to eating Palismen you can barely keep your human shape anymore!" Belos' arm morphs into goo and strikes directly where the Collector is then retracts, shaking, "I can't wait to get out of this prison! There are so many games I want to play. If we need a third player, we can make another Grimwalker!"

"No, not until I've dealt with this one. Besides we already have our third player, my secret weapon."

The Collector becomes impatient, "Just free me already!" they whine, "You promised!"

"The Draining Spell must work first, like you promised."

The Collector glares jokingly at him, "You need to have more faith in pinky swears."

"Don't worry, Collector, your patience will be rewarded." Belos walks out and goes to approach his secret weapon, who was standing tall and armed with a variety of potions, "The Day of Unity is about to begin."

...

Odalia signs off on a delivery while Kikimora is in the pilot seat of a landed airship with Coven Scouts and Abomatons on board, "I was devastated to hear of your demotion, Kikimora."

"Please stop talking to me."

"Personally, I liked you better than that turncloak Golden Guard. Ugh, if only there was a way to show Belos your true worth." she walks off.

Kikimora mocks her, "If only there was a way to show Belos your-mmm, let's get out of here." her ship leaves Blight Industries as Edric, Emira, and Amity hide behind a pile of trash to watch their mother.

Emira whispers, "She won't believe you!"

"Even if she did, she won't care." Edric adds.

"Well, someone has to tell Mom about the Draining Spell. Or else she and Dad are helping Belos hurt people." Amity told her siblings before gasping and pulling them down out of sight as Alador approaches.

"I've got that little gremlin on the hook! She'll be a perfect test subject for our new product." Odalia says.

"Don't you think it's odd that they need this much security for the Day of Unity? Perhaps we should reconsider this deal." Alador suggests.

"Blights always uphold their end of the deal, dear. Or should I reconsider ours?" Odalia grabs her necklace, "It might be time for the kids to play a more active role in Blight Industries. I could start the paperwork right now."

Alador is silent with a conflicted expression on his face. As Odalia releases her necklace, Alador turns and walks away, with Odalia following behind.

"Hey, guys, Dad might listen!" Amity turns around to find her siblings missing. She peeks above the trash pile, "Guys?"

Odalia's shadow suddenly looms in front of her and Amity turns to face her. The twins are held captive by an Abomaton and their mother is looking angry, "Hiding behind trash, Amity? To think my children are so painfully predictable in their deceit! You're. Grounded."