Reaching Out

Luz's phone is buzzing and charging. She grabs her phone while King slept next to her. She gasps and sits up, her phone reading, "Event Reminder With Mami". She stares at her phone, then ignores the event reminder.

...

"Darius?"

"Yes?"

"I have a date with Cerise and I am not sure what to wear. Could you-"

"Oh for Titan's sake, I am not your-" Darius turns around and raises an eyebrow at Hunter, sighing, "You would be single forever without my intervention."

...

Eda peeks around the corner with King on her head.

"Uh, feelin' okay, Luz?"

Luz writes on a whiteboard, "I feel great! Today's gonna be a productive day of problem solving." she grabs a scroll of a list and shows it to Eda, "Look!"

Eda reads the list, ""Successfully build a portal to the Human Realm"? "Learn every glyph combination"? "Figure out what Belos is planning and show him what for"?"

Luz digs through papers, "Look. I've already learned a new combo. Excuse me, Francois. I call it the safety hover!" she grabs Francois from King and sticks a glyph combo onto its chest. She then throws it in the air, and it floats right before it can hit the ground.

"Ooh! That'll work great when birds try to fly away with me." King says.

"And I'm already on my way to building a second door."

Hooty tries to stabilize a wooden door taped to him, with a broom, a cinderblock, and a hammer near it. He then sneezes, causing everything to come crashing down, "Achoo! Ow."

"Uh, it's a work in progress. But look at this!" Luz grabs a scroll out of her pocket.

"Did you steal my Penstagram?" Eda asks.

"I borrowed it because I've got a castle insider getting info on Belos. Zora gave me Hunter's contact. Hehehe." she starts texting him under his username, RULERZREACHF4N.

Luz: Are you good now?

Luz: Is Belos evil?? You can tell me!

Luz: Also hi!

Luz: It's Luz!

Luz: 🦇⚡🌸🌱🌈

Hunter: LEAVE.ME ALONE

Hunter sends a picture of Flapjack sleeping in his cloak.

Hunter: sORry.wrong.person.,.

A few moments later, a giggle is heard from Cerise's room.

The three head upstairs to see Cerise laying on her bed, kicking her feet as she was staring at her scroll with a lovestruck gaze. The scarlet brunette sighs as she taps at it.

"Hmm." Eda thinks for a moment before turning to Luz, "You're avoiding something. Spill it."

"I am not!...Maybe I am..." Luz lets Eda take her scroll back and sits down, "Okay, I definitely am." King and Eda surround her, the latter placing her old letterman jacket around the human, "Every year, me and Mom have this little ritual we do. It's nothing big. I just miss her. That's all."