Echoes of the Past

In the middle of a mystical forest, during a boiling rainstorm, A small, furry creature peeks out from a log, then hides back in when a hooded woman runs past holding a child in her arms. She runs into a ruined building to seek shelter from the boiling rain and pulls her hood down, revealing herself to be a younger Eda, with shorter ginger hair with lighter streaks. In her arms was a little Cerise, who has fluffy scarlet brunette hair. She looks at her cape, annoyed that the rain had burnt holes in it. She then smiles down at the sleeping witch girl in her arms. As she starts to walk further in, unbeknownst to her, a pair of glowing yellow eyes appear from a crevice within a pile of fallen rocks. Eda wanders further into the ruins, past a cluster of stacked rock formations, when a shadowy figure runs past in the foreground, startling her and making her brandish her staff, "Who's there? Reveal yourself!" she turns around and gasps.

...

Luz studies and experiments with glyphs in a notebook. She looks over at Cerise, who was now practicing her Potions magic. She already had mastered her Oracle and Abomination magic.

King dives through, tumbling books over, "Luz, I need your help! I think Francois is trying to start a rebellion." he points to Francois, who was sitting in the center on a pillow, as a jagged dagger with a red gem on the hilt falls out from behind him.

"In a minute, King. I'm getting so close to figuring out this glyph combo."

"It's always glyphs and portals with you these days. What about King?" he goes over to Cerise, "Cece! Help me with the rebellion."

Cerise smiles as she pats his head, "Sorry, King. I'm working on my Potions magic. Why don't you ask Aunt Lilith for help? She was in the Emperor's Coven. She has more experience with unruly mobs than anyone."

Lilith is kneeling at the desk, extremely focused on drawing a glyph with a red paintbrush. She's bent over, eyes only a short distance from the paper. Her hair is messy and the whites of her eyes are huge, with tiny irises. She giggles giddily, "Watching the ink dry is the best part."

King grunts in disapproval.

Hooty gives her a mug, "A fresh cup of tea for my favorite cup of tea. That's you, Lulu."

Lilith smooths her hair, and her eyes turn back to normal, "Hootsifer, you truly are a gem." she pets his head, "How do you always know what to do?"

King whispers to Luz, "What's going on? Is Hooty blackmailing her?"

"Oh, I think they're actually friends. Isn't that nice?" Luz closes her book and stands up, holding a glyph.

Cerise smiles, "Yeah, I'm glad she has a friend."

"I was your first friend!" Hannibal spoke up.

"Hannibal." Cerise points at him.

"Okay, this will work for sure. Now you see me..." Luz slams the glyph to her chest and vanishes. King gasps as Cerise and Lilith look up. Luz reappears, "...now you don't. Oh, I guess it only lasts as long as I hold my breath. Still pretty cool, huh?"

King rushes and clings to Luz's leg, "Don't ever do that again!"

Lilith stands up in amazement, "Do that again! How ever did you accomplish it?"

Luz shakes King off her leg, "Well, since you guys discovered that we can make new spells by combining glyphs, Cece and I have been experimenting."