The Stalker

Her first day on earth. How dared she leave her "home" in hell for a human world she knew nothing about? Well, she knew about this place from her mother's stories, she had come from here herself, told of the city of Gotham where she was born, and wandered alone for a long time until she was found and rescued.

Now she hoped for the same thing, that someone would find her and help her. But her mother was helped by Azarath's men. Who are no longer alive. None of them. Only her. So she must save herself.

She felt like the heroine Mulan from the stories of the brave heroes she had heard in Azarath. There they were honored and blessed. She almost completely followed her example and found herself in a similar situation. Except no one was waiting for her at home, unlike Mulan. And her personal war for life was much more difficult. How to survive here?

Raven was trapped in a dark alley in the middle of the night. Not knowing how she did it or exactly where she ended up.

She needed to move on, not stand there freezing.
Somehow along the way she could make out the inscriptions on the signs. Surprisingly, in these places, even at night, everything was clearly visible. It was hard to wander outside at night on Azarath.

She realized she was in the same Gotham. Her mother's stories in her head helped her focus on this particular place. It was a good thing, because it was the only place she'd ever heard anything about.

The short walk was interrupted by a rumbling in the girl's stomach.

- Ugh... I need something to eat.

Covering herself better with her dark cloak, she walked on, stubbornly ignoring her hunger.

She stopped at the gate of the park. That's when she heard footsteps.

- I heard...probably.

She continued on her way, the sound of footsteps resumed again. She didn't stop there, she even sped up. The sound did not stop.

Cautiously turning around, she looked over her shoulder and noticed a figure behind her. A tall man in a dark cloak, hat and glasses, and his hands hidden in his pockets. Walking. In long strides. Right behind her.

Raven was uncomfortable. She had heard stories about the good people in Azarath, but her mother also talked about the evil side of people. The ones that could do nasty...hurt.

In Hell, Raven became convinced of the existence and deviousness of such people and, the punishments they receive there are terrible. In the end, she was forced to watch it.

She decided to stick to the worst-case scenario while she was on Earth. But her emotions were in turmoil. She was alone in an unfamiliar place, at night, and a suspicious man was following her. She didn't know how to behave now, there was no one around and no one to help. Do you remember your first rule? Save, yourself, by yourself. And she ran.

She heard only the sound of wind in her ears and faint footsteps behind her. I had to run somewhere, somehow to hide. As she ran past houses, trees, and streets, she tried to focus on something. Her physical condition was not the best and there was little time left.

And there it was - a dead end. The worst mistake a runaway from a possible criminal could make. A big mistake. One from which no one is immune. She saw a wall of metal mesh in front of her and still she ran, running through her head, running through every possible spell she could have used right now, but she couldn't. Fear. It gets in the way.

Running past trash cans and other junk, she catches sight of little furry critters. Kittens. That's all she saw at that moment. Her magic was ready for action, but Raven herself was not. The image of fluffy kittens stuck in her mind and affected her transformation spell.