Dossier

The sound of heels echoed through the alleys between the houses of the empty streets. She ran, making sounds of either sadness or joy. She must have been drunk and foolishly ran away from home. Wherever she lived, no one would think to look for her here.

She whirled through each step, laughing loudly and after a while, howling at the moon, covering her protruding tears with nervous laughter.

Shadows ran after her across the rooftops, one not covering the snide grin on their faces. Others didn't look human and it was hard to tell what they were like as a physical body at all. They could not be seen.

"I think we found her."

The girl is almost devoid of hearing, preferring the voices in her head: "We were right; now do you see? ; You knew it all along; Why do you put up with it? ; God, you're a fool."
Just voices in my head. There is no other world. The real one. There's only your mind. A place where it's not easy to get to, and even harder to get out, if you want to do it at all.

The stalker's thoughts were on the victim.
I put you out of your misery, and you give me something in return. Do we have a deal?
No heaven, no hell, just nothing. You weren't here. You don't exist.

A whistle sounded, a command was given.
The sound of shouting was drowned out by, as if purposely caused by rain, noise.
It's hard to describe. Someone is tearing you apart, with your own hands. There's no one in sight. Or you're doing it without yourself realizing it, and it's nobody's fault. It's just you going crazy.

The Shadow began to descend from the roof of the building. The usual way, she wanted to stall for time, she needed to.
By the time she reached the exit door, it was empty. And quiet. No rain, no screaming.
It was as if nothing had happened here five minutes ago.

Of course, the doubts would fade when people found the clothes torn to shreds and the remaining bloodstains on the sidewalk.

The Shadow knelt down in front of a small stain that blended into a puddle of recent rain.
"This neighborhood really is dead. So are you."

You have become the new victim without a name.

After sitting still for a while, the shadow rose to its feet.
"Come, my good ones, we have someone else to find," she pronounced in a smile, exposing a pair of sharp fangs in her own blood as she bit her lip.

...

Donna stood in the waiting place for only seven minutes and then went to the stores she was interested in. John offered to wait for Damian some more.

"Can't hear a thi-i-ing. Bye-bye!"

It was an hour before Damian did arrive at the mall; he found it unnecessary to explain himself to his friends. There was no time for that.

The boys simply walked past the display cases while Donna went through the small of her purchases, Damian's thoughts returning to his room an hour earlier...

The kitten sat quietly on the floor while Damian cleaned up the little mess she had made. Rising from the shadows of the desk, a ray of sunlight curled his face through the window, blinding him slightly, but he continued cleaning. Or rather, was about to.

At the same moment, the sound of claws rumbled around the room. The kitten viciously pounced on his reflection and began to scrape the mirror. It was as if the cat had seen a bird in the reflection and was trying to reach it.
It couldn't reach high up, and the underside of the mirror was all scratched up, obviously even cracked in places.

Titus made her jump right into the mirror with one loud bark and instantly jump away from it like fire.

She even hissed at the dog in response, but in a quick single leap she was on top of Damian's closet.