Busted

"Rise, rise, little one."

Not a clear place, without a drop of light. It's not even clear what the floor is made of. The only thing she can feel is the rather nice soft chair she slept on.

"Well hello there, did you sleep well?"

Raven coughed and tried to focus her vision, not very good in the dark.

"Where are we..."

"At one of the gates of hell. Anyway, you won't be here long; there's a job for you."

At the mention of the old house, Raven shuddered, and tried to break free of the shackles she felt on her, but stood up quite easily. She was not bound.

"You didn't--"

"Where are you going to go? In this miserable shell."

Indeed, there are hands, feet, even clothes. There's not much time for a shock. She have to get out of here, and fast.

"I'm here because you want something from me?"

Her companion stepped closer, she could not be seen under the cover of darkness, and by the shadow of her figure she was also wearing a hood. All she knew was that she was talking to a girl of about the same build as herself, and that was it.

"Your body is a temporary measure. I can..." She came close to her, giving off her breath on her skin, "...totally give you that body back for good if you agree to do something for me," she whispered in her ear.

Raven swallowed. It wasn't clear to her what the benefits would be for both, she thought about one thing, she really wanted her body back. She just exhaled tiredly.

"What do I have to do.?"

...

"We know who did it!"

"We're not sure yet."

"We're sure, stop wasting time, man! We should go and smash their faces in." Jason is grinning with anger.

"Calm down. I mean, it's not like I'm the only one... Well, I'm not the only one, am I?" Tim reviews the tape of the alleged 'criminal' who decided to come in and turn himself in.

"Easy for you to say, it wasn't your well-loved girlfriend that was dismembered by some faggot on the run."

"Don't say that about Steph!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot, you're on 'break', so you wouldn't care, would you, red?"

Tim couldn't take it anymore and pounced on Jason, the other easily knocking out the younger man.

"You better think before you come flying at me with your fists now."

"I'm not really in the mood yet."

"Oh, really? What's going to set you up seriously?"

"That's enough for you. Jason, let your brother go." Batman's cold tone stopped the fight from starting.

Todd pounded his fist roughly beside Tim's head and walked away back to his bike.

"This doesn't add up."

"I agree, big-eared." Constantine, smoking another cigar, comes down the stairs.

"Why the fuck did they let you in?" Jason mutters, still hugging his bike.

"Your butler was very gracious, though the quality of the service is lame. I'd leave the shotgun out of the welcoming ritual, is that how you greet all your guests?"

"Uninvited."

"What do you want, Constantine?"

"Nothing much, I'd say, if your shack didn't reek of wild magic."