Eyes

- Am I naked?? No, wait, it's wool. Okay, breathe... Breathe...

She awoke to a slight breeze that ruffled her fur and made her feel cold.

Raven took a breath and tried to find a mirror among the streets to see what was wrong with her. She had been sitting in a small bush before, fearful of being completely unclothed, but now she seemed to have calmed down a bit.

Walking tentatively, though last night she ran agilely on her paws.
Having found a window in which her reflection is clearly visible, the fact that her jaw has dropped to the floor is an understatement.

Still a very small cat, with smooth dark fur and two amethyst eyes staring at her reflection.

- Is it really me?

Raven lifted her right paw to settle her ear, checking to see if the reflection would do the same. Yes. She really is a cat.

- Okay... It's just a spell. It can be undone, right... Yes..

With excitement, her paws took her inexplicably where as her thoughts wandered to find a solution to the problem.

Suddenly a strong honking sound sounded nearby, coming closer and closer. Raven was slowly figuring out what was going on when she was quickly picked up and rescued from under the wheels of the car in a somersault.

A boy, about 15 or 16 years old, sat down by the curb and looked at the lump in his hands.

- Hey, how are you? Are you okay?

Raven opened her eyes, realizing that she had just almost said goodbye to life, trembling in the boy's arms. God, she was already helpless, but now...

The boy looked at her with excitement in his eyes, suddenly the kitten was wounded.
He reached out and stroked her fur near her right ear.

- Well, you seem fine, - he smiled.

- Thank you. - Raven replied and the boy smiled at the kitten, Raven thought he heard her. But the boy was paying attention to the time.

- Oh man! I'm late! - he did not let go of the kitten, but hugged him tighter and ran.

Raven didn't know what to do at first, the situation was too confusing, but, well, what could be done here at all. It wasn't so bad in this boy's arms. Maybe he would even feed her, because, she really wanted to eat. She settled down, trying to ignore the shaking.

...

- Well, where the hell is he?

- Somewhere where time doesn't exist, I suppose. - Donna snapped at Damian from behind.

- Why do you have to wait for him?

- I have to turn in my homework for third period, and he swiped it from me two days ago and forgot to give it back yesterday. - She replied, crossing her arms across her chest in a hurtful way.

- Damian! There he is! - Mia pointed to the boy running toward the school.

- Guys! Uh... sorry... I'm... really... uh... late...? - he mumbles when he can barely catch his breath.

- Well... It's not like... - Mia awkwardly put her index fingers together in front of her.

- Two classes late. - Damian answered grudgingly. - Is your superspeed not working anymore?

- Yes! Jon! Why didn't you just fly over here? - Mia knew Jon's secret, too. So did Donna. That girl is amazing.

- Well, I could have, just... - he opened his jacket where he was hiding a black kitten in his hands and Donna and Mia squealed with delight.