An Englishman comes in

"Batcave, signal code 077, do you read me?"

"I can fucking hear you, shut the fuck up."

"Jason, you know I have to check. I don't want it to be like last time: I guide you underground to the hideout, and you disable the signal and go to the strip bar."

"I'm a man in full bloom and a lonely soul, I need to relax once in a while. You could use one too, Timbo." Jason replies and lets go of the comm button.

"Can you see anything?"

"I can't see my own feet in this darkness, what makes you think I can see anything a mile away? Fucking asshole."

"You better be polite, because your life depends on me."

"You're pretty damn fooled by life if you think so."

The locator picked up some movement. The signal reached Jason's sensors and Tim's equipment.

"Jason, you're picking up a heat signature. Be careful."

Jason spectacularly pulls two M1911 pistols out of their side holsters and turns around, looking for the target.

"Fuck, I can't see shit. Where should I aim, Tim?"

"He's right in front of you, coming forward."

Jason glances around his surroundings, trying to catch movement.

"Close! To the right!" The radio beeps, Jason turns around. It's empty.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"He's three meters away from you, Jesus, you seriously didn't notice anything?"

Jason was starting to feel like he didn't know how to navigate space, left and right. He was just spinning around in one place.

"Freeze!"

"Do you see someone?"

"Yeah, uh..." Jason noticed the figure of a tall man. Not boldly, but directs a step toward him, "Man, what the hell are you doing here?"

The figure stands silent. Jason's sick of it. "Look, I don't want to waste my precious time here...", gunshot.

"Jason?"

-...

"Jason? Jason? Are you there?"

-...

"Goddamn it, Todd! This is no time for jokes. Answer me."

-...

"Jason, I'm serious. Jason! JASON!"

...

"You've got to be fucking kidding me."

A chill ran down Raven's fur. She'd been left next to the big tree for the last two classes. Mia was the only one the teacher let outside during breaks to make sure she was still there.

"I sat through three days of this damn essay for a B? I wish she'd been killed by lightning, disgruntled bitch." Everyone understood Donna's annoyance.

Mia and Jon ran to the kitten they had left with one of Mia's plush toys. She has a lot of them. A lot.

"Hey, baby girl, how are you?" Raven knew that even if she answered, they wouldn't understand her. But she was glad she still understood human speech. The idea that she might lose that too over time was frightening. She must act quickly, at any rate.

"Meow."

"So what are you planning next? Put her in an animal shelter?" Damian asked, looking through his phone.