Your nightmares are my nightmares

The mission went badly. The brothers had to try to calm Todd down on the way back. The guy was still pissed. The only tangible evidence was that they had managed to stop another attack on the girl.

Todd couldn't contain his own emotions and yelled at her. The girl had to be taken to the Batcave for protection against another attack, but Nightwing decided that now any citizen would be better off away from Todd, Batman agreed with him and spoke to Gordon to have the Gotham police take care of her protection.

She was hiding from Red Hood's wrath behind Robin's back. Which made all three of them cringe. Knightwing is used to the fact that the ladies like to see him as their protector.

Todd burst into the cave kicking everything he passed. Completely ignoring the Batman. Oh, he'll remember that. Dick tiredly went upstairs when Todd was gone. Damian stayed to give Bruce and Tim a report, later leaving on his own.

There was a little friend waiting for him at the entrance to the room. He picked her up gently, not wanting to wake her, and went into the room.
He laid the kitten on one of the pillows that used to belong to him, but we know if a cat chose his own pillow - it doesn't matter whose pillow it used to be, it's his property now.

Damian folded the suit into a secret compartment of the closet and collapsed without energy, falling asleep almost instantly.

The night had been...unusual.

...

Beautiful scenery, as much as his mind could afford. It resembled home, in a way. Eastern architecture usually catches his eye immediately, but this looked more like a style peculiar to ancient Greece, the best association that came to mind.

The foliage here is bright green, and the sky and air are so clear and fresh. No other city has a sky like this.

He himself stands on top like a king. There are people walking below, some going about their business and some just passing their time. It was such harmony, where he is alone with himself, for the first time in a long time, not thinking about anything.

Until the men in white began to scatter from the fire. There is no more blue sky, only scarlet clouds, letting out bloody rain. The place has lost all its white colors in red puddles.

They are burning alive. Both the roar and the screams of pain and the seemingly familiar quiet wailing can be heard...

He turns to the sound and there is that emptiness all around again. This feeling is not live. But how little time it takes for your life to turn to hell. A girl...

"It's my fault..."

He stands still, he can clearly hear her crying, but he can't find it.

"I killed them..."

Killed them? All those people... Did she kill them? He must try to find out from her.

"Who?"

"All of them..." She answers.

So small. She needs this darkness to hide herself. He comes closer and sits down in front of her. A similar white cloak, though already quite dark with blood stains.

"Are you all right?"

The girl is still looking down, hugging herself to her knees, her body swaying on its own from the hysteria.

"Killed..." cries, but Damian parses the words.

Not knowing what to do, he just hugs her and the girl cries even harder.

"It's okay, I'm with you."

Nonsense, you say. But this is commonplace for Damian. You can't count how many enemies he's stopped and how many lives he's been able to save and how many he hasn't...