Mission Recieved, Mission Accepted

The year was 2055. Nadia lounged on her belly in her bed. Legs bent at her knee as her feet were in the air and crossed at the ankle. Wearing glasses she only wore for reading or computer stuff, pajama shorts, her favorite oversized fluffy sweater, her long, wavy dark hair in a messy bun on top of her head. She was chowing down on her favorite snack, while sipping her favorite cranberry tea as she watched her favorite show on the history Channel.

Her comms device on her wrist beeped, alerting her to a notification. She paused her show and glanced at the device. A grin spreading across her full lips as she saw she had gotten a message from her daredevil of a best friend, Roxeanne or Roxy for short.

"Heyyy, bitch, are you dead yet?" her message so eloquently read. Nadia's grin only widened as she rolled onto her back and responded in kind.

"Only on the inside... Bitch, please. That should be my line. What do you want?"

From her own studio apartment Roxy snickered at Nadia's response. After that she clicked the comms device to video call. Nadia answered with an immediate groan. Roxy smirked. "Save that for your boyfriend." She remarked.

On the view screen Nadia rolled her eyes. "Boyfriend my ass." she replied to her. "Seriously what do you want? I'm trying to watch my show." She questioned as she stared at her best friend.

Nadia would be lying if she said she wasn't slightly jealous of her bestie. Not just her confidence, but also her appearance. Nadia herself had a plump and perky rear, with full and perky breasts to match for her leaner hourglass figure. She should be grateful, and shouldn't be complaining. But Roxy was just adorable yet sexy in all aspects. She was shorter than Nadia, standing at 5'3 while Nadia was 5'8. She had pink shoulder-length waves with bangs and dark roots laying perfectly around her small round face. While her eyes were dark in color, they were bright and lit up with life and happiness. She also had an hourglass figure, but curvier. So her face made her cute and beautiful, but her body made her hot and it made Nadia almost turn green with envy.

Nadia was pulled from her thoughts as Roxy spoke. "Temper, temper. I just wanted to see your ugly fresh-out-bed look." Nadia immediately started grumbling all sorts of obscenities under her breath. Roxy couldn't help but laugh. "I'm totally kidding. I was, however, going to offer you to come on a trip with me that pays like you won't believe, and right up your nerd alley. But if you're gonna grumble about it then maybe I should keep it to myself." Roxy taunted. Roxy had Nadia's full attention at the word pays, but at nerd alley she almost leaned through the view screen. Roxy knew she got her then, hook line and sinker. She smiled. She wanted to tease her some more but she was too excited for them both. "Well, I got a message from some huge corporation. Started with a W I think? Anyways they want us; you me and a bunch of other people to go to some kind of ancient abandoned planet. They plan to start colonizing it. But first they want us to be part of the research team that determines if it can sustain human life and agriculture... Rumor has it there's even some ancient buildings still left standing from whatever race used to live there." She said, saving that best part for last.

Nadia's hazel eyes immediately lit up at the mention of ancient buildings. She started rapidly nodding her head in agreement. "I'm in! I am sooo in!" she said excitedly. Roxy could swear she saw her body twitching and shaking like an energetic puppy all too excited to please its owners. She loved her nerd of a bestie. "When do we go!?" she was unable to ask that fast enough. Roxy simply replied with next week. Next week couldn't come fast enough for Nadia.

The two chatted giddily for about an hour after that. What to wear based on the planets climate, what to take, would there be any hot guys. Usual girl-talk. They both decided in unison time was wasting, and they wanted to start packing like yesterday. They ended their video call, and immediately set to work preparing themselves for the trip to come.