Not Alone

Nadia looked to where she heard the whistle come from. Her eyes widened. There crouched in the the rafter above them was another Yautja. This one holding a long bow that looked like it was made of the same metal as their spears. Strapped to his back she could see the arrows he was firing with. They just looked like mini versions of their spears. A roar echoed and a large cloaked figure sprinted out between the columns and towards Blaze and the serpents. Oh my lord there are three. THREE! Nadia thought to herself unable to contain her excitement. How was she so lucky to go from losing all hope of finding them to now there were three. The third one uncloaked just before body slamming one of the serpents. Pulling out what seemed to be an axe, he wasted no time decapitating the serpent. Nadia now had nicknames for all. Blaze of course was Blaze, the one launching arrows was just going to be Archer, and the other one will simply be Axe. Original right?

While Archer continued to nock and loose arrow after arrow, Blaze and Axe were cleaning house in hand to hand. The serpents were being slammed against every possible object. Axe had the tail of a serpent gripped in one hand while his other hand gripped and crushed its throat. Forcing it to go backwards as he slammed it through column after column, breaking every single one. Next he somehow ended up on the serpent's back. Wrapping the tail around his forearm so it couldn't attack him with it, he gripped the serpent's head in both his hands. The sickening sound of ripping flesh, tearing tendons, breaking bone and the tortured shrieks of the serpent filled the air. With no remorse Axe ripped the serpent's head clean off. Holding it up in the air, but away from his body he let out a sort of victorious roar.

Well Axe is doing great. Nadia thought and then turned her head to see how Blaze was fairing. Blaze was currently whipping one of the serpent's around by its tail effortlessly. Slamming it against every possible object as hard as his strength would allow. The more he did it, gradually spots of acidic blood started to burn away at everything it touched. Nadia guessed he and Axe both had pent up anger problems. He slammed the writhing serpent around until Nadia could only assume it died from internal injuries after being beaten to death. The last thing she wanted to do was piss off Blaze or Axe. Archer so far seemed like the cool headed one. But she hadn't interacted with him yet, and all he had done was fire arrows. So being even tempered was sort of a necessity.

Between the roars, the shrieks, the whistling arrows, the explosions and the hisses it was almost deafening. We also can't forget the amount of damage the poor pyramid was enduring. Between the acidic blood and all the body slamming, Nadia thought the biggest casualty to this point was the building. The clash of the titans eventually ended when the remaining serpents retreated. Nadia then remembered poor Eli. "Blaze can you please try to help him?" she pleaded. "He cannot." an unfamiliar and eerily deep voice said. Nadia looked and saw Archer dropping from his perch in the rafters, landing silently. It made him even more terrifying. Something that large shouldn't be so silent. "...Did you just speak...?" Nadia said dumbfounded. "Yes, human." Archer said. "Why not? I saw what your medicines can do." She pressed. "Our medicines are meant for Yautja only. They can cure humans. But your friend there could die from the shock and the pain long before those wounds kill him. Which is why my brother has already told you no, female." Archer stated. "What can we do?" Nadia continued pressing. Archer huffed. "Simply put, pray to your respectable God or gods, and get out of here." he said. Alec spoke to Nadia, "We are too far away. He would die before we even got back to base." he hugged Eli tighter as tears started to flow.

"Please try. If he's going to die anyways you guys are his best chance now." Roxy added. Archer looked at her. Then to the serpent she had killed and the one that Nadia had killed. With a clicking growl he approached and knelt down in front of the pair. All of the humans moved even farther away. "This is your mate?" he questioned and looked at Alec with those damned blank eyeshields. Alec nodded. "I will attempt. I make no promises of the outcome. Do not dare blame us if it goes wrong." Archer said sternly. He pulled out the same silver container Blaze had used. He pulled something out that looked similar to salad tongs, but much smaller. About the size of cat nail clippers. He also pulled out that satellite dish looking bowl. Pressing a button flames appeared like he lit a torch. He ran the tongs through it until they glowed red hot. Alec's eyes widened and he held Eli tighter. Marissa and Claire both had to cover their ears, and squeezed their eyes shut. Roxy looked away, but Nadia watched in fascination.