The Cavern

A/N: 18+ warning from here 🤫

-------------‐-------------------------------------------------------

Nadia paused the sprint and the rest of the group looked at her. "What are you doing? We have to move." Marissa questioned. "You guys saw the number of those things. And Blaze said Archer specializes in distance. He can't handle them all alone." Nadia replied. "Nadia, we can't help him. If anything we'd only get in his way. I don't know if you've noticed but none of us are armed." Claire said. Nadia just held up the spear from Blaze. "OK so you are armed but it's just you. The rest of us can't do anything." Claire said. "Then you guys keep running, but I'm going back." Nadia said sternly. She turned to go back, but stopped when she saw one of the beasts had broken through and was staring her down. She tightened her grip on the spear as the beast growled at her. She pushed the button on its center to elongate the spear. She'd never be able to wield it with the same precise beauty, grace and elegance that Blaze had as he was twirling the thing, but she'd try her damnedest. After all, those days Roxy was unconscious he had taught her some basics on how to fight with it; so she was more confident with it now than she was before. If adrenaline and no knowledge killed a black oversized, acid-filled serpent, adrenaline and some knowledge could kill a black over sized, six-legged coyote.

The canine leaped at her and she jumped to the side, slicing open its side as it went by her. This caused the beast to screech. She quickly faced it and steadied her center of gravity. It whipped her direction roaring at her. She readied herself. This time it charged at her. She waited until the last possible moment, when it pounced she thrust the spear forward with all of her might. The spear impaled the beasts chest as it roared and screamed. Unfortunately she wasn't as prepared for the weight of the force as she thought, so she lost her footing and fell backwards, the beast landing on top of her. "Nadia!" Roxy yelled and the group quickly ran over. They all sighed in relief when they saw the thumbs up from under the beast. She began to rapidly smack the beast and the group chuckled as they all pushed it off her. She sat up quickly gasping for air. They slightly lifted it so she was able to slide her legs out from under it. They pat her back and helped her stand. She reached down retracting the spear before pulling it out of the beast's chest. They felt another presence and quickly looked. Relief filled them as they were staring at Blaze and Archer. Blaze was fine, but Archer had some flourescent green blood dripping from wounds. A deep gash ran down his thigh from where he was cut by claws, and the area of his collar bone had punctures from where one must've bitten him. Roxy raised an eyebrow because the blood was all streaming from under his clothes. Nadia elbowed her. "Behave." She said with a quiet giggle.

Blaze looked at the beast and then to Nadia. They had seen the other humans pull her out, and had seen her pull the spear too. Blaze walked over to her and the beast. Pulling out his knife he began to decapitate the creature. These Yautja sure loved to decapitate things. Once the head was severed he held it up by the tendrils and held it out to her. The blood still dripping from it. The group had to choke back their vomit. Nadia reached out and gripped the sides of the head. Once she did Blaze let it go. Nadia cringed as she stared at it holding it as far away as possible. "What am I supposed to do with this?" she called after him as he went to Archer. Roxy snorted. "How romantic... Quite the prince charming you got there." She said and started laughing. Nadia elbowed her again, but had a small smile as her cheeks turned pink. They heard the Yautja growl and they looked up. Both Archer and Blaze were typing into their gauntlets. "I am not prince charming. I am Zgură." Blaze said so innocently and Archer shook his head in agreement. All of the humans just burst out in laughter. He was too cute. That innocence and cuteness really shouldn't be allowed in a giant reptilian alien. "I know you guys do skulls for trophies... But I don't need one really." Nadia said. Blaze approached her and the beast again. Once again he took his knife, but this time he skinned it. After rolling it up he offered it to her again. "Okay fine I will take that." she said giving in. Blaze made the clicking growl and she knew he was pleased.