Chapter Four

A week later.

"Sukuna-sama is waiting for you at the main hall." Uraume relays the message with a bow when Gojo opens the door for them. As they walk down the corridor, Gojo hears his heart thumping anxiously in his chest while his shoulders tense with nervousness. This never happened before. Did he do something wrong? Why is Sukuna looking for him? Gojo has a very bad feeling about this.

And he's right.

Inside the main hall of the mansion they're in, whispers and murmurs surface among the curses gathered there at the sight of Gojo.

Sukuna is standing in front of the crowd, the curse looking annoyed and pissed. "Make any more noise and I'll burn all of you into crisps." The crowd dies down at their king's threat while Sukuna gestures for Gojo to come forward. Gojo has no choice but to walk toward him. Sukuna grabs his arm and bends it, snapping the bone and pressing him downwards so that he's kneeling on the ground. The familiar pain makes Gojo's eyes go wide, a strangled cry stuck in his throat. Sukuna kicks him in the back and sends him crashing face-first into the ground, his face burning at the friction. A hand buries itself in his hair and yanks his head upwards, forcing him to look at the flock of onlooking curses.

"Look closely. This is the jujutsu sorcerer whom all you cowards are afraid of." He hears Sukuna's disembodied voice sounds from just above his head before the hand in his hair is released. A water bowl is kicked in his direction, the plastic bowl squeaking as it rubs against the mosaic tiles, spilling a trail of water behind. When it stops in front of Gojo, he hears the order. "Drink." The simple command sends a chill down his spine, and Gojo's blue eyes are wide as he stares down at the blue plastic bowl.

Sukuna wants him to drink from this? In front of everyone? Gojo's face burns with shame just at the thought of it. So Sukuna is changing tactics now. The curse knows Gojo has a big ego, and yet he's making him bow his head and drink from a water bowl for dogs.

The question is will Gojo submit?

When Gojo doesn't get a move on, the hand buries itself in his hair again, forcing his head down. "I won't ask you a second time." The warning in Sukuna's voice makes Gojo flinch, fear in his stomach. If Gojo doesn't submit, then what? What will happen then? According to the tone Sukuna has used, he's warning Gojo that he doesn't want to find out.

With his unhurt hand placed on the floor as support, Gojo starts lowering his head, succumbing to the curse's demand as his body trembles with shame. When his head is low enough, he stares at his reflection in the water, tears prickling his eyes at the humiliation. After another few seconds of hesitation, he slowly sticks his pink tongue out, letting it touch the surface of the water. His whole body is trembling now, his broken arm throbbing and his other burning as it supports his weight. He licks and starts drinking from the bowl like the obedient dog Sukuna wants him to be, tears dripping down his face while the other curses watch, humiliation burning in his stomach. The air is silent for a minute as all eyes watch the Strongest Sorcerer drink his water like a pup.

An emotion too fast to catch flashes across Sukuna's eyes before he pries his gaze away, expression turning dark as he glares at the other curses. "Now, remind me again which one of you slandered me of having a soft spot for this piece of trash." They squirm under his glare, not daring to maintain eye contact with him.

Sukuna thought he had already made his point, but these curses had dared to accuse him of having a soft spot for Gojo Satoru during their meeting just now just because Sukuna refuses to kill off the sorcerer. Of course, Sukuna could've killed them all then and there, but unfortunately, he needs them for something.

"No one?" The ones who had defiled him earlier keep their heads low, remaining silent. Extending a hand, Sukuna grabs the sorcerer by the back of his kimono and throws him forward into the group of curses. The curses back away from Gojo like he's some kind of infectious disease, still scared of the sorcerer even after seeing him submitting to Sukuna.