Chapter Seven

The moment Sukuna gains consciousness, all he can feel is pain. In the silent darkness, an incredible wave of pain courses through his body, startling him awake. His arms struggle against their restraints, his breath coming out short and breathless. Where am I? His eyes are wide open, and yet what he can see is just pure darkness. His arms are tied behind his back, wrapped in countless talismans. He's wearing his usual white kimono, and his eyes dart left and right almost frantically as he tries to make out where he is.

The pain doesn't make it easy for him to think, but he thinks he has a feeling where he is, and that only makes things worse. This can't be. Why is he here? What did Gojo Satoru do to him? Why is he in his soul form and where is his body? He must be in Gojo's innate domain since he's stuck like this.

As if to confirm his suspicions, a blue eye appears ahead in the dark, staring at him. A feeling other than pain strikes him just then, and he sucks in a breath. Lust. Unfathomable lust. He breathes heavily as his soul strains under the pressure. He's being tormented with a mix of pain and pleasure and he can't do anything about either of them. His body arches painfully while his arms pull on their restraints, the talismans burning red marks on his skin.

An eye for an eye. That is what Gojo is doing to him. Pain, revenge for the times he had broken his bones and stepped on his wounds. Lust, revenge for the times he had fucked him in the ass against his will.

He can't even rest because Gojo doesn't let him have a single break. Sukuna would've laughed if he had the mood for it. For the sorcerer to think such simple tricks would make him break; hilarious. What the sorcerer is doing to him is nothing he can't handle.

He isn't sure how long he's been left like this, but all of a sudden he feels himself falling. He lets out a grunt when he hits the ground, the restraints on his arms disappearing. In the now lit area, he lets his arms fall limply to his side. He's in Gojo's innate domain, the universe slowly rotating around them.

A red plastic water bowl is kicked in his direction. "Drink it." Impassive blue eyes stare down at him, giving off a pressuring sense of intimidation. Sukuna looks up at him and musters a glare, not yielding.

Gojo doesn't show him mercy.

The pain suddenly doubles at his disobedience, making him throw his head back in reflex. Pained gasps found their way past his lips while Gojo watches him suffer emotionlessly. It doesn't matter Sukuna needs water to survive or not. What matters is that this is what Sukuna deserves—to have the humiliation that he had put Gojo through to be returned to him ten-fold.

When the pain shows no signs of stopping and is actually slowly increasing, Sukuna finally submits. Breathing heavily, he forces himself up with shaky arms and drags himself over to the bowl. He doesn't look at Gojo and keeps his head down, the black marking on his pink tongue showing as he sticks his tongue out for a lick of the cooling liquid. He doesn't even get to feel humiliated by his actions because of the intense pain that's coursing through his veins.

However, as opposed to what he believed, Gojo doubles the pain instead. His body goes limp as he hits the floor, spilling the bowl of water while his limbs involuntarily twitch. The pain to the body and the pain to the soul are totally different. There are no flesh and bones protecting the soul.

Gojo squats down in front of him. "Hate me," Gojo says. "Hate me as much as I hate you, and kill me."

If Gojo dies, Sukuna dies too.

Sukuna's voice strains as he glances up at him. "Do you... seriously think I'll... kill myself?"

Gojo still has that eerily calm demeanor on him that makes Sukuna's blood run cold. "I'll make sure you do." A hand grabs his shoulder firmly, slamming him down to the ground. Gojo moves towards his back and rips his pants off, pinning him so that he can't so much as struggle.