Chapter Five

Sukuna chases the traitors alone. It's not surprising he's alone; he has always been alone. The only person he can trust is Uraume, but he needs Uraume to stay back and look after Gojo, to make sure his dear pet doesn't try to kill himself.

Sukuna is alone, but it's no big deal. The plan is to tail the rats to their hideout and make an ambush, successfully annihilating the remaining surviving jujutsu sorcerers and regaining his complete control over Japan. Once the opposing forces were gone, the cursed spirits would automatically start to pledge their loyalty to him. Sukuna will make an example out of the sorcerers to show them what exactly it means to face the wrath of the King of Curses so that no one would ever again dare to defy him.

However, what Sukuna doesn't know is that the one who's getting ambushed today is none other than the King of Curses himself.

As he's dashing down the empty streets of a ruined city, a fist suddenly comes jutting out from an alleyway, catching him off guard and punching him right in the side of his face. He skids some distance away at the force of the hit, his feet digging into the ground to steel himself. His attacker comes out of the shadows in slow, firm steps, their fist flaming with a ball of black cursed energy. The winter sun first illuminates the head of familiar pink hair, then the inscrutable expression that's visible on his attacker’s face.

Sukuna brings his hand up and wipes away the blood on his face with his sleeve. “Look who it is. My foolish vessel.” Sukuna’s eyes scan their surroundings for other foreign cursed energies only to find the area clean. “Alone today? Where are your weak sorcerer friends? Was that last bunch all there was?” His lips curl up into a mocking smirk.

The last time they met was when Sukuna had gone out to massacre a small village of surviving humans, only to be ambushed by the remaining sorcerers because of the spies within his ranks. Turns out it was a planned attack, but be it planned or unplanned, Sukuna was the one to emerge as the victor even though they had managed to wound him. He killed most of the sorcerers albeit a few who escaped and Yuuji, well, Itadori Yuuji was one of the lucky ones.

Yuuji doesn't answer the king’s mocking questions. “I should’ve killed you last time. Kugisaki, Maki, Inumaki, Okkotsu... Haven't you already killed enough?” There’s a hint of anguish in the brat’s voice.

It makes Sukuna grin. “As a matter of fact, the amount of blood I've spilled is still far from enough. You're still alive, aren't you, brat?”

Yuuji remains unfazed by his comment. “You kept Fushiguro alive. You kept me alive, so why—? Why did you have to kill even him...?” The hurt in his voice is evident and Sukuna would've relished it if it wasn't for the fact that Sukuna has no idea what he's talking about.

He said Sukuna let Fushiguro Megumi and himself live, but there is one other whom Sukuna hasn't killed yet. If what the brat is implying is what he thinks it is...

Sukuna furrows his eyebrows and decides he has to know. “What are you talking about?”

“You know full well what I'm talking about!” Yuuji snaps loudly before gritting his teeth, the teen holding himself back. “Gojo sensei.” He says the name through gritted teeth, his brown eyes burning with rage.

The name makes Sukuna pause. “Gojo Satoru is alive.” The King of Curses says almost hesitantly. It's been two hours max since he left the mansion and Yuuji is saying that Gojo is dead?

“He's dead. When we reached him, we found him sprawled out on the grass under the sun. You killed him.” Yuuji’s words rattle Sukuna up, a building panic inside the king’s chest.

Sukuna doesn't believe him. “I left Uraume behind—”

“They're chasing after Megumi right now. No one was watching over Gojo sensei.” The look in Yuuji’s eyes tells him that Yuuji is telling the truth. Sukuna doesn't want to believe him, but his body says otherwise.