Epilogue

Many years later.

In the serene garden of Jujutsu High, Megumi sees the figure of the person he's looking for once he arrives at the entrance. There's a fresh bouquet of flowers placed on top of Gojo's grave, and Megumi approaches the figure soundlessly.

"Yuuji," Megumi calls out to the pink-haired sorcerer who's deep in thought.

Yuuji turns around quickly at his voice. "Ah, Megumi! Sorry, did I keep you waiting?" Yuuji is clad in a white tuxedo, a contrast to the black tuxedo Megumi is wearing.

Megumi stops next to him, his gaze landing on the gravestone in front of them. "You could've told me you were coming here. I could've accompanied you."

"I didn't want to ruin our big day." Yuuji scratches the side of his face sheepishly while eyeing his newlywed husband.

"You didn't," Megumi assures him with a small smile.

Only Gojo died with his body fully intact. The rest of them who died at Sukuna's hands, their corpses were never found. Even so, Yuuji and Megumj had framed the pictures of their late comrades and placed them next to Gojo's, making sure that no one was forgotten.

As for Sukuna, the curse was silent until the very end. After killing Gojo, Sukuna stood there alone with a closed-off expression.

'I should've killed you right from the start.'

Sukuna thinks to himself silently, his gaze never leaving the spot where Gojo disappeared.

'That way, I wouldn't feel like this anymore.'

In the end, Yuuji was the one who killed Sukuna. Yuuji finally did it, but he didn't feel the joy or satisfaction he thought he would. He finally killed Sukuna, but what difference does it make? He's already lost everyone he cared about, and his beloved sensei was killed right before his eyes.

The events that happened inside Jujutsu High were kept a secret from the public, both of them wanting to maintain Gojo's image. The destroyed statue was replaced with a white coffin that kept Gojo's corpse, and the garden was redecorated before they opened the place up for the public to come and pay their respects.

Fast forward to five years later, Yuuji and Megumi finally got married to each other. It's their wedding day today, and halfway through the wedding reception, Megumi noticed that Yuuji had gone missing. He followed his husband's trail of cursed energy to the garden, and here they are.

"I wish everyone could've been here to see us," Yuuji says softly, his eyes fixed on everyone's pictures. Everyone is smiling so brightly as if they're currently happy on the other side, and that's all Yuuji needs to know.

"You know they're watching." Megumi consoles him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

It was tough to live with survivor's guilt, but it's manageable. They slowly learned to accept it, that it's okay for them to be happy and that no one would blame them for that. It's okay to take a relaxing bath, eat a delicious meal, and find comfort in each other's arms.

Yuuji gives his husband a small smile. Looking at the smiling faces on the pictures once more, Yuuji closes his eyes and lets out a soft exhale before he opens his eyes again, his signature bright smile now plastered on his face.

"Then, we'll be off, everyone!"

Bidding farewell to everyone, Yuuji grabs Megumi's hand and intertwines their fingers together, returning to their wedding reception before the guests come find them.

Time has stopped for some, but life goes on for others. Even though they now thread on different paths, one thing's for sure—

They'll meet again someday.

---

When Gojo opens his eyes again, he finds himself standing inside a white void. In the vast and empty space, all he can see is endless white.

'Is this what freedom feels like?'

The unbearable weight on his shoulders and the constant ache in his heart are finally gone. He no longer feels the pain nor hears the voices. For once, his world is silent.

"I had hoped you wouldn't join us so soon."

And yet, the silence is soon shattered by a familiar voice that makes him freeze in his steps. He doesn't need to turn around to know who it is.

"Suguru..."

Standing before him, his late best friend sends him a gentle smile. "I missed you."

Looking past Suguru's shoulder, he sees a group of people gathered around. Shoko, Nanami, his beloved students... Everyone he knows is here. They have been waiting for him this whole time.

It's been so long. It feels like an eternity since they've last seen each other.

'I'm finally free...'

Once the realization dawns upon him, he fixes his gaze back onto Suguru and returns the smile with his own, taking the other's hand. "I missed you too."

Standing alone at a distance behind them, Sukuna watches as Gojo joins the group of sorcerers. Sukuna stretches out his hand, Gojo's name on the tip of his tongue but he stops himself before he could say it. Then, slowly, Sukuna retracts his hand and lets it fall by his side.

Sukuna doesn't belong there.

Prying his gaze away from the group, Sukuna is about to head in the opposite direction when a voice he never thought he would hear again sounds from behind him.

"Sukuna-sama."

With wide eyes, Sukuna turns around and is met with Uraume. The white-haired curse user bows their head slightly in greeting, holding the same graceful composure they had when they were still alive.

Contrary to what Sukuna had thought, there was someone waiting for him after all. Even after what he did to them, they still came.

Sukuna lets out a short laugh, and as he looks at Uraume, for once in a thousand years, the look in his eyes softens.

"I don't deserve your loyalty."

Uraume responds with a gentle smile. Sukuna turns and starts walking, with Uraume following three steps behind, just as they have done for the last millennium.

Before they disappear into the shadows, a pair of blue eyes glances briefly in their direction before turning back to his friends.

The sorcerer and the curse go their separate ways, as they were supposed to.

When Calamity transcends Infinity.

Infinitely Calamitous

THE END