Chapter Twelve

With Gojo's help, Sukuna managed to kill the weaker ones with his domain expansion while the stronger ones fled. The whole garden is covered with curse blood and Sukuna's, giving Gojo's house a spooky atmosphere. Sukuna and Gojo are both low on cursed energy after the fight, especially Sukuna whose body aches terribly. Without a word, Gojo leaves him and enters the house, walking back into the kitchen to wash his hands.

Sukuna drags his feet towards Gojo, not forgetting to wash the blood away from his paws first. He watches the sorcerer wash his hands for minutes before he shuts the tap. Seeing that Gojo is finally done washing his filth away, he speaks for the second time today.

"Why?" He's not only asking why did Gojo help him but also just why. Why is Gojo keeping him alive? Why is Gojo not inflicting harm on him like he once did to him? What does Gojo gain by doing this?

Gojo just walks away and ignores him as usual, acting like he's nonexistent. Sukuna moves to block his way, adamant about getting an answer. Gojo just moves to the side. With Gojo adamant about ignoring him, Sukuna uses the last of his cursed energy reservoir to change back into his original form. It's been two months since he's been in a human body and he stumbles a bit, unfamiliar with walking on two feet instead of four.

"Don't ignore me." He stands in front of Gojo, not even bothering to cover up. It's not like Gojo hasn't seen him naked before. Now that he's human, the height difference between them is lesser than before but Gojo still feels intimidating with that glare on his face.

What he didn't expect was for Gojo to grab him by the throat and slam his back into the wall. The sorcerer gives him a dangerous glare, hand clenching tighter around his throat. "Forgetting your place just because I was lenient to you?" Gojo utters slowly in his face with a dangerous tone. The words give Sukuna a sense of déjà vu and he blinks.

Those are words Sukuna had said to Gojo before.

Despite feeling threatened, Sukuna steels himself and answers in a quiet, careful tone. "I just want to know why." He manages with a tight voice, letting Gojo's hand wrap around his neck.

Gojo glares at him with angry eyes as he chokes him. "I hate you." He increases the pressure. "I hate you." He watches as Sukuna struggles for air. "I hate you so much that I want to kill you right here right now." But Gojo can't because killing Sukuna would mean freeing the person who doesn't deserve to be free while he's stuck here, alone, living in this hellhole. He wants Sukuna to suffer, and what better way there is to deny him freedom?

Although Sukuna can't breathe, he still refuses to try to resist. He lets Gojo strangle him while he tries to get his words out. "I can... drive out your... hate, but only... if you let me." He looks into Gojo's eyes with sincere genuineness. "I regret... hurting you."

His words make Gojo snap at him, the man slamming him roughly against the wall again. "Shut up! You regret nothing. You never will." Sukuna can feel Gojo's hand on his neck trembling with anger.

"I do—"

"Show me." Gojo cuts him off as he suddenly lets go of his now bruised neck.

Leaning his back flat against the wall, Sukuna bites his bottom lip as his hands clench into fists. "I... am..." It takes a lot of effort for Sukuna to even spit the word out. "...sorry..." He looks down at his feet, face burning with embarrassment. He has never apologized to anyone in his whole life. "...for hurting you."

"I said show me."

Sukuna's fists clench tighter at Gojo's implications; Gojo wants him to show it using his actions. A deafening silence fills the room as Sukuna internally struggles with himself under Gojo's gaze. A long moment later, the curse finally moves. With a bend of his knee, he gets down to one knee, then his other knee hits the floor too. He keeps his head down to hide his face, his bare body suddenly feeling cold. A tinge of red blossoms at the tips of his ears as he forces his upper body down so that his forehead touches the floor.