Chapter Nine

The End Of The Calamity

Six months later.

Humanity is starting to thrive after the nationwide calamity. Civilization has started to appear as those who remained slowly left their hiding spots after the defeat of Ryoumen Sukuna. A government has been formed, this time with jujutsu sorcerers among the personnel. Those who remained hold utmost respect and gratitude to the sorcerers who had protected them from evil. Although cursed spirits are still roaming wild, most are adamant about steering clear of the sorcerers, all thanks to how frightening Six Eyes was when it defeated Ryoumen Sukuna that day. Even after finding out Gojo Satoru doesn't possess Six Eyes anymore, only a few dared to try to assassinate the now powerless sorcerer.

As for the missing King of Curses, for the first two months, Sukuna had focused on self-healing. When he woke up that day in his own body, there was not a single person by his side. He was dumped in the middle of a forest somewhere where he couldn't even sense a single human or cursed spirit around the area.

The sorcerers could've killed him, but they didn't. The only possible reasoning is that Gojo was the one who made the decision not to. As to why, Sukuna guesses it's because of the binding vow they made.

"You can't use your cursed energy to hurt anyone."

He remembers hearing the order from the sorcerer while he was still unconscious. He's basically powerless now. Since he can't use his cursed energy to attack anyone, he's on the defensive. He stayed hidden and once he's recuperated, he went on a journey in search for Gojo. He tries to avoid other cursed spirits as best as possible. When he's unlucky, well, he gets beat up. Most cursed spirits are more than happy to kill him, unlike how they are with Gojo. He could only reinforce his body with cursed energy to protect himself while fleeing.

"The Fallen King."

That's what they call him. The King who fell at the feet of his own captive-how laughable. Ryoumen Sukuna's glorious days are over, and the one who brought him down was none other than himself. The malevolent King of Curses who allowed no one to defy his words, who had an ego higher than the sky itself, who was described as calamitous from centuries till now, is a king no more.

Or perhaps he was never a king in the first place.

---

Now that Gojo doesn't have Six Eyes, his presence becomes harder to spot. Same like before, Sukuna couldn't trace him. The sorcerer seems to have vanished from the plane of the earth.

Sukuna searched for Gojo for two whole months until he remembers that there is a place he hasn't searched yet. Although uneasy, he heads North anyway-to Hokkaido, the only piece of land which he didn't lay a finger on during his reign.

The last time he went there was with Uraume. It was the time before he unsealed Gojo and had conquered all the other cities. There was a barrier protecting the sacred land that kept cursed spirits like him out. The barrier is no more now for some reason, but the aura the land emits still stay the same-unpleasant.

Now that he thinks about it, perhaps his previous speculation was wrong. Perhaps Gojo hadn't left the country at all a year ago. Sukuna had made the assumption that he did based on the traces he left at the airport, but what if Sukuna was wrong? What if Gojo was hiding in Hokkaido instead?

Whatever the answer is, Sukuna guesses he'll find out once he finds him.

And found out he did, for he finds Gojo Satoru residing in a two-storey bungalow within a small serene forest in Hokkaido. Sukuna can tell that the building isn't new, meaning that Gojo really was hiding in Hokkaido last year.