SEIS

Today, Clive's memorial program is to be held in school. Maaga akong nagising as the council's president to prepare for the event. I am wearing a plain faded yellow polo and topped it with a black vest and coat. Natatakpan ang polo dahil longsleeved ang coat. Tanging ang kwelyo ang makikita. Since walang pasok kasi Saturday ngayon, aalalahanin at magluluksa ang paaralan sa nangyari kay Clive ay hindi na required na mag uniform ang mga estudyante.

I dashed through the corridor habang tinutupi ang puting panyo.

Papunta ako sa auditorium, doon gaganapin ang event. Pinapatawag na rin ang mga students na magtipon na doon.

As they gathered and started to flood the area, I made my way to the stage. Malaki ang auditorium at siniguradong magkakasya ang buong populasyon ng paaralan. Seated at the front row is the late president's family. His father with an unreadable expression is looking straight at Clive's coffin. The coffin was brought early in the morning and was placed at the center downstage. Clive's mom is keeping a calm environment around her. They didn't look sorrowful enough to fit the event.

I scanned the crowd and saw Diel standing near the entrance, she is wearing a blue floral dress. Ang kapal! Hindi man lang tinakpan. But she looks gorgeous, standing out in the crowd. Her bored look changed when she saw Aiden pass in front of her, positioning himself in a chair just beside the cr.

I wonder if Aiden really is unaffected by his stepbrother's death or if there's something he's trying to conceal.

The two looked at each other and gave their usual disgusted looks. Diel said something that Aiden just shrugged off.

He is wearing a plain white T-shirt and black pants.

I held the microphone and did the greetings.

"And to give a short message for Clive, here's Luke Ignacio, the student council's vice president."

He walked towards my spot and I handed him the mic. I smiled and he smiled twice as wide as mine. Noong huli naming pagkikita ay inabangan niya ako sa labas ng Restaurant. He didn't say a word, he just looked at me and smiled then. Hindi yata nangangawit ang labi nito kangingiti sa akin.

"It is a sorrow, to stand here and talk about my superior's great deeds. Clive and I were not that close. He was simply the president whose orders I followed. But he is a great man, a great great man." he stopped and smiled, always with that smile. "So great, he could be built a statue in the pavilion. He's...fun."

I turned to look at Diel. Nalukot ang aking noo sa nakikita ngayon.

'Again?' I asked under my breath.

I walked fastly towards Diel. I was shocked to see her having a lowkey fight with Dana. Hindi sila mahahalata kasi nasa pinakalikod sila. Ang Aiden naman tuwang-tuwa pa sa bardagulan ng dalawa. Walang ingay na nililikha ang dalawa kaya't ang atensyon ng mga tao ay nakatuon parin kay Luke.

"What are you two doing? Stop it!" I said when I reached their spot. They were pulling each other's hair, dumurugo ang labi ni Dana dahil sa pagkagat nito para pigilan ang mga sigaw. They practice manners while fighting huh? Impressive.

May nakita akong kalmot sa siko ni Diel. Hindi malalim ngunit sapat na para mapansin dahil sa pagdurugo nito.

They seem to not mind me. Aiden just gave them a thumbs up not also minding my presence. Okay, I take it back. Manner is never a word in their vocabulary.

Pumagitna na ako sa kanila at tiningnan sila ng masama. They stopped almost in an instant. No one spoke and they were both breathing heavily.

"Santera! Peters!" I exclaimed while trying to calm myself. They got the nerve to fight in this serious event. Hindi man lang sa labas nag-away. I glared at Aiden.