DOCE

"The scenario was pellucid in dark
Stories are the same as air unnoticed.
Which still necessitates do to others,
Oh, ma'am! Won't you perhaps stop
to question the line with beats? "

I paused and looked around meeting their eyes but I am searching for a specific one. I found it. Nakikita ko ang pag-aabang nito sa mga susunod kong linya. Napangiti ako.

Did I amaze you, pres? Matalino rin naman ako no, hindi lang halata. Nagpatuloy ako sa pagsasalaysay ng tulang sinulat ko para sa assignment sa literature. Unfortunately, the hag laid her eyes on me and asked me to present mine to the class.

It's not that I hate literature, in fact, I love it so much. Nag-eenjoy ako magsulat at magsukat ng mga saknong. Ayaw ko lang maging sentro ng atensyon sa klase, kung sa away ay matatanggap ko pa ang palakpakan. Isa pa, hindi para sa lahat ang mga piyesang sinulat ko. Kagaya ng aking mga obra sa pagpipinta, ang mga tula ko ay isa rin sa mga iniingatan kong kayamanan. Ang tinta ng aking mga isinusulat ay ang paborito kong medium.

"Look at the dust of the rays performing
Thought you they, wasn't there,
Waiting for the next ray
to shine upon them spot
So ma'am, would you rather turn
yourself into dust?"

This time, I looked at Aiden who offered me a smile. Not a sarcastic one. Huh. So he understands my poem. Must be a smile of comfort and encouragement.

"A river flows within a shell
On you, whose cage protects the beating apple.
Ropes of lids and threads,
Now ma'am, decide on
Do you want art to end?"

I finished my last line and walked towards my seat when I remembered that I forgot to share the title. I stopped in my tracks and smiled with pride. I know I did well, only if they understood the depths of each line.

"I want art to end."

Before the hag could utter a word, I interrupted her. "That's the title of my piece, ma'am."

I sat down and felt a stare. That familiar stare.

He's looking at me again.

"What do you want?" I mouthed at him ngunit hindi niya ito sinagot at hindi man lang natinag sa pagtitig. Why is it making me conscious?

"I have something important to do. I'll be leaving you to your senior. She'll be recording your presentations." the hag said and went out of class. Something important to do? Hmm. Iilan lang din sa professors namin ang pumasok sa klase sa parehong dahilan. Something important. Is it possibly connected to the school's current dilemma of the murders? Kung iyon nga, mabuti at may ginagawa ang paaralan para ayusin ito pero paano kung gumagawa pala mg paraan para pagtakpan lahat ng ito? Worst ay kung may kinalaman sila sa mga patayan na nangyayari. Hindi ko rin nakita si Magnus ngayon sa school, which is a good thing. Ayaw kong maguilty kapag nakita ko siya. Sa ngayon, kailangan ko munang ipahinga ang sarili sa mga nangyayari at ayaw kong magdagdag ng sakit sa ulo, maliban sa dalawang tipaklong ng grupo.

I looked at him again and his focus is now on our professor who just walked out. I took the chance to move and take the vacant seat next to the president. His scent invades my nostrils that I forgot what I was about to ask. Tumikhim muna ako bago inalala ang itatanong.

"Why were you looking at me?"

"T'was nothing." was his reply.

I just rolled my eyes at biglang nag-iba ang timpla ng mukha ko nang humarap ako at nakita ang papasok na germs na naka-white dress sa pintuan ng classroom.