DIECENUEVE

The rays of light I felt on my skin is getting hot as I lay on my mattress. It doesn't bother me, I am more immersed in the thoughts and memories of what happened earlier.

Diel is probably still mourning right now. It's impossible to sleep today with all the information we acquired from Diel. Aiden must be thinking about this too.

I've known Diel for a long time but I never knew about her personal life. Then, she's just the classmate I always stare at during lessons. The person that I admired the most. Now, she's still the Diel I know, only the stronger version of herself this time.

It's past midnight and yet sleep is still foreign to my senses. I can't take the heavy feeling out of me knowing that Dad is still busy with his experiment- Injections know what is. He's been in his lab since I got home and hasn't been out until now.

Why has everything become so complicated?

Classes are still suspended for another week due to the incidents that happened recently. I guess it is a hidden good chance to break free of everything for a while. It has been said by the school directors that a school trip will be offered in the continuation of classes to those students who want to join. They might've thought of it as a solution to compensate for the emotional damage the school caused.

Emotions. What really are those?

A sudden ring from my phone proved to me that I am still capable of smiling amid all the tragedies. Who wouldn't smile with her name written on the screen? I really made it huh?

"Diel?" I voiced after picking up the call. I heard nothing but silence on the other line. I checked the caller to see that it is certainly her.
Later, I heard her gentle sobs, the ones that flowed to my soul, it has such deep emotions in them.

She cried and cried.

"When your day is long..."

I gathered up the courage to proceed in singing the second line of the song.

"And the night, the night is yours alone..."

Your night will not be yours alone Diel. I'm all ears for all your cries.

"When you're sure you've had enough...of this life, well hang on..."

I closed my eyes as I let myself be engulfed by the melody my mouth creates. Singing is not for me but I'll offer it to you if that's what it takes to comfort you.

"Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries..."

I heard her sobs subside as I go on. I smiled at the thought. That's right Diel, don't let yourself go.

"Everybody hurts sometimes..."

"Now I finally know why I like you." Her laugh at the end of her sentence made it even sweeter.

"Hmm? Why do you like me?" My words were as gentle as the breeze of air entering my room through the open window, afraid I'll break the atmosphere.

"Because..."

"Because?"

"Because you are Mr. Goodie."

"And?"

"What do you mean 'and'?"

"Wait... Is that it? Because I'm good?"

"Yeah, what else could it be?" My smile completely fell. Tsk.

"That's a very good way to crush my ego, Diel."

"Huh? What more of a reason do you expect, pres?" And now she's probably laughing her ass off as I can hear her stifled laughs.