2. Daddy's little girl

CHAPTER 2
Ilaria de Luca

[2 years ago]

The cool November air hits me softly as it sends my long, dirty blond hair flowing over my shoulders.

There was fog almost everywhere. It was a cloudy day so naturally, I woke up in a good mood. And a little pale maybe.

My eyes scan the huge building in front of me with multiple floor to ceiling windows.

I wonder if he'll chase me out.

I walk towards the door pushing it open. My boots click against the spotless tiles. The building was as quiet as it could get at eleven in the morning.

Many employees walked around without making a sound. It was weird.

It smelled of cinnamon, rich perfume and a hint of candle wax.

Odd combination. I know.

I walked up the stairs and hopped into an elevator. Here, no one would stop me. I couldn't contain my excitement any longer as I walked down a long hallway, stopping in front of a door with the initials A.I.Y.L carved into a metal plaque.

The light and soft murmurs from inside confirm my thoughts.

I swung the door open, excitement oozing out of me as I smiled.

"I'm back!" I smile and six pairs of eyes shoot back to me but I keep mine on the man sitting behind the desk.

He's wearing his pressed grey suit - like he always does. His hair combed perfectly into place.

His eyes dart up to mine and his stern expression morphs into half a smile.

"Ilaria," his voice softens and I drop my arms.

"Miss me?" I smile, walking inside - ignoring the four other eyes on me as I pull off my floor-length, pink coat, dropping it on the table to my left.

Revealing my little white top and mini denim skirt.

He doesn't say anything but his eyes hold so much disappointment as he watches me strut in.

"Oh, no need to get so emotional over my return, daddy," I irritably say, making my sarcasm known.

"I'm busy," he lowers his voice. "And you're not supposed to be here."

I immediately caught on to what he was trying to say. I let out a long dramatic groan.

Daddy knows the truth. Only he does.

When I decided on booking myself into the hospital I told no one. I lied and said I was just going on a little trip to my aunt, Amelia. She was in on it.

As soon as I arrived in Spain my father called and told me to come clean. Apparently he saw right through my aunts lies.

As I get to my father's desk, I immediately snap my head down to one of the men sitting and he bolts up, moving to the side.

I grin, looking him up and down.

He was quite young.

Wore a suit too. His dark hair was brushed to the side.

I plopped down, turning my body so that the back of my knees rested on one armrest of the chair while my back rested on the other.

Bits of sand and dust fell from underneath my boots and onto his wooden floor.

If any of my other siblings had walked in here instead of me, he'd be fuming.

I love how he let's me get away with almost anything.