19. Demon time

CHAPTER 19
Mattia Cattaneo

Friends.

She wants to be my fucking friend.

How the fuck are we suppose to be friends.

I shouldn't have touched her two nights ago. Now she's really all I can think about.

After she left the ring I didn't touch for seven days. Seven horrendous fucking days.

I thought I could stay away from her, that I didn't need her with girls already falling at my feet but god I was wrong.

That look in her eyes while she watched me in the kitchen and the way she shifted on her feet uncomfortably, thighs squeezing together told me all I needed to already know.

She was hot and bothered and I needed to touch her again. Touch her soft, soft skin. Win-win situation if you fucking ask me.

And jesus... the little sounds that come out of her mouth.

I needed a cold shower after leaving her room that night. I fucking hated it.

"Can you stop it?" I irritably say and Marcus freezes.

"Sorry," he quickly says before rushing back to his seat - on the floor between Nadia's legs.

He's been poking me all night, trying to get me to speak.

But I wasn't in the fucking mood.

We all sat in the game room. I sat across the door and Nadia and Marcus sat with their backs to it - opposite me - while Parker sat on the sofa to my left.

Marcus called me at five and came up with the idea that I needed some cheering up.

God knows where he got that from.

An hour later he showed up with Nadia and Parker and they dragged me in here. It's now past eight, the fucking sun had already gone down and he was still poking at me.

As soon as Demon Time started playing I knew Marcus was connected to the sound system.

Nadia scoffs, shaking her head. "When are you not on demon time," she asks and he takes her face in his hands, singing to her.

I watched as her cheeks flushed a light coat of pink, and I knew the fucker was grinning, enjoying this.

Marcus had the voice for singing and girls loved it.

The door suddenly opened and I watched as Angelo moped into the room and I immediately knew why.

He ignored all the greetings and fell down onto my lap, resting his back against my chest, his head thrown back over my shoulder.

"Hi sweetness," he softly says and I roll my eyes.

"Naomi call you out on your shit again?" I ask, fighting back a smile as he looks up at the ceiling.

He answers by taking a deep breath in and heavily - dramatically - sighs.

"It's okay," I teases, handing him the bottle in my hand.

He takes it from me, chugging down all of it in one go and Marcus chuckles.

"You need to apologize to Naomi right now," he says and Angelo lazily waves.

"Oh, hi guys," he murmurs.

"I don't care if it wasn't your fault. Go apologize," Marcus says and Angelo lifts his head - in disbelief - looking at me for backup.