35. Ghostface

CHAPTER 35
Ilaria de Luca

Mattia sits down on our bed, leaning back onto his hands. "We should take this opportunity to stay in," he says and I can hear him grinning as I walk towards drawer.

"But I want to have fun," I say picking out different paint colors.

"We could have fun," he lowly says and I watch – through the mirror – as his eyes travel up my body.

I whip around and his face holds a mischievous grin that makes my stomach to summersalts.

"No... actual fun. A night out with friends type of fun. Plus it's Halloween. You afraid of being scared?" I tease walking towards him.

"I'm not really interested in hearing people scream all night and dumping fake blood on me," he sits up straight to pull me down onto his lap so that I straddle him.

I lean to give him a quick peck before saying, "Just do this for me. Please? I mean you'll get to see all your friends again. We've been living here for a month, and not once have you gone to see them."

"By choice," he says and I heavily sigh.

"I promise I'll make it up to you when we get back home," I say and he grins, looking down at my lips.

"Yeah?" he asks and I nod. "Fine," he gives in and I can't contain my excitement.

As I drop the paint on either side of us he quickly kisses me and falls back onto the bed, pulling me with him.

I can't help but smile into the kiss as I feel him lifting his hips to meet mine a couple of times. I break the kiss for a split second to catch my breath, lifting my head to meet his eyes.

"It'll be really quick, I swear," he says and I shake my head at him.

"We're gonna be late," I say and he softly – yet dramatically – groans.

Grabbing the face paint I turn towards him but he grabs my wrists.

"What are you doing?" he suspiciously asks.

"It's 6pm on a Halloween night. What do you think I'm doing?" I ask pulling my wrists from him.

"You're not painting my face," he shakes his head.

"But we're going to a Halloween party," I say, softening my voice. "Come on..."

He looks hesitant, shaking his head.

"I'm not going to a party with paint on my face, Ilaria," he says and my jaw drops.

"Then we might as well not go at all," I say, crossing my arms over my chest as I get off his lap. "Enjoy your funless night alone," I say as I stand up but he grabs my wrist, pulling me towards him.

"Okay fine," he gives in. "But as long as you're sitting right here," he says, lifting me onto his lap. "And I'm expecting a kiss every time you lift the brush from my skin," his eyes drop down to my lips.

"Can you just stop thinking about kissing me for two seconds?" I scoff in disbelief and he shakes his head. "Just sit still, and be quiet," I say as I add some paint to the brush.

"You didn't even ask me what I wanted to be," he says and I nod my head.

"Oh no," I say – toneless – as I lift the brush to his face. "I already started, whatever shall we do?" I softly say – completely disregarding what he had just said.

"Hey," he quickly says. "This is my face so I get to choose the design."

"No..." I slowly say, inching my face closer to paint a finer line. "It's my seat so I get to choose the design," I softly say as I round the little line from the corner of his eye up, past his eyebrow.